Yownhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
snowbranch.jpg

deadleaves.jpg

WinterTree.jpg

Just got out to shoot some winter land photos. Too bad I don't live in a place with lots of trees because it could have been a lot better. C&C is very welcome.

1 and 2 don't really grab me. 3 is nice- very peaceful. The white balance on it is way on the cool end- was that on purpose? I'm not a huge fan of blue snow.

Try choosing for the background instead of other branches the sky. It'll just won't look so messy.
JMO

I like the last one. I would fix the WB, crop some of the sky away and clone the spots in the sky. After that, clean your sensor. :)

I was bored. I fixed some of the spots in the sky, fixed the WB, converted it to B/W and cropped some of the sky. Sharpened for the web and put a border...

Untitled-1.jpg

I like the last one. I would fix the WB, crop some of the sky away and clone the spots in the sky. After that, clean your sensor. :)

Thanks! It doesn't help that my computer screen is dirty so I mistake them for spots on my screen. I think it was more my lenses that were dirty which leads me to a question. I use a microfiber cloth to clean my lens but should I be using something else to a solution besides condensation from my breath?

I was bored. I fixed some of the spots in the sky, fixed the WB, converted it to B/W and cropped some of the sky. Sharpened for the web and put a border...

Untitled-1.jpg

Love it! Thanks I'll have to fix it once I can clean my screen and see what's going on lol. How did you set your border like that? I can't get mine thin :\

The background is too chaotic for me in the first two. I would take hikinmikes advice on the third photo and you have a winner.

Love it! Thanks I'll have to fix it once I can clean my screen and see what's going on lol. How did you set your border like that? I can't get mine thin :\

I made an Action a few years ago (CS2). I used a white 6px stroke using 'Inside'. Then you have to flatten the layer. Then use a black 5px stroke using 'Inside'. Make sense? I don't have Photoshop opened right now, so I'm doing this from memory. :blushing:

I use a lens cloth to clean my lens, but I really think your sensor is dirty. I use a Rocket Blower to clean my sensor.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back