Winter Landscape Worth Printing 24x26???

B Kennedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

It's been a long while since I've been on the forum. So recently I've been torn on whether or not I want to make a 24x36 print of this picture of a winter scene. I really have come to like the picture which was taken aftermath of a storm in New Jersey this past month. I've been waiting for a long time to print a nice large image and I think this may be the one, but I just haven't sold myself yet on it. Hopefully some good criticism will help so let it roll!

Let me know what you think about printing this one big. Thanks in advance!!!

*Edit* Sorry for the link as it appears I'm an idiot and cannot figure out how to get the picture in my post:thumbdown:

Winter Solitude_web | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
in my honest opinion, i wouldnt. there are a couple distractions in the image which would be amplified if blown up.

its a really nice shot though. looks cold!

Kinda agree with the above poster. It's definitely a nice image, but probably not one I would personally blow up and frame.

in my honest opinion, i wouldnt. there are a couple distractions in the image which would be amplified if blown up.

its a really nice shot though. looks cold!

Thanks for the honest opinion, I really appreciate it. Can you point out a couple of the distractions you are referencing? I know one that I might clone out is the branch on the left hand side. I'm thinking on the same page as you and this might be why I've been debating the enlargement.

I think the lights are actually quite distracting. They really demand a lot of attention and really take away from the serenity of the scene. the pole on the far right as well. it has some serious distortion and simply does not need to be there.

maybe moving back would help, to get 3 lights in the frame to create more of a line, or moving in and getting detail of the bridge. that thing on the right side that is covered in snow looks quite interesting as well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back