Winter morning portrait C&C please

TCUphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a photo session yesterday morning...was a challenging session with the bright sun and just wondering what others think. And it's been awhile since I've done this, always good to get others opinions. These are a few pics from the session, not the best and not the worst. Just a sample of the session.

Thanks!

IMGP8598 by Ashley Aylsworth, on Flickr

IMGP8733 by Ashley Aylsworth, on Flickr

IMGP8727 by Ashley Aylsworth, on Flickr

C&C per req:

Very nice exposure on these. I'm not fond of the crop in #1; cropping her just below the knees makes her look like an amputee. Shooting this in a vertical (Portrait) orientation would have eliminated the need for this. Is there a reason you didn't ask her to sit up straight?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

All good shots... #1 the highlights are really flirting with being too overwhelming but it somewhat works in the shot.

The last one is nice. She looks happy.

I like the last picture best.

Although I have to admit, I was disapointed that there was no snow :grumpy:

I was disappointed there was no snow too :) Thanks for the suggestions, especially about asking her to sit up straight. I occasionally forget to check their posture, thanks for the reminder.

I like the brightness on #1, gives it that dreamy feel. I agree that maybe you should've cropped a little lower, but I like the landscape orientation.

#3 is really good too, the blue really pops against that white bridge.

All this was natural light? Where were these taken?

I really love that last picture. The white/neutral background really makes that blue pop and it really makes her stand out. Very pretty :) Totally OT, but I really want her boots, lol.

I like #2 the most for just the right amount of light. A little too much light in #s 1 & 3 but overall, nice photos. I know what you mean about snow as my area doesn't have any either.

I like the brightness on #1, gives it that dreamy feel. I agree that maybe you should've cropped a little lower, but I like the landscape orientation.

#3 is really good too, the blue really pops against that white bridge.

All this was natural light? Where were these taken?

Thank you. Yes I shoot w natural light, and they were taken in St. Louis's Forest Park. Beautiful park to shoot in if you are ever in the area.

Most reactions

Back