winter wedding

You are off to a good start but there is lots of room for improvement. You might want to consider a flash bracket that flips or rotates, this will keep the flash above the camera at all times, so that you don't get the side shadows that we see here.

Also, it might help if you tried to balance the flash and ambient exposure....so that they don't look like they are in a dark cave. I find it's easiest to do this by putting the camera into M mode when using flash. Set your aperture for the DOF that you need, then set the shutter speed that will give you good ambient (background exposure). The flash should take care of the exposure for the subjects and you can use FEC to tweak it.

I really like 4 and 6, as the groom looks like he's smiling/having fun (unlike his expression in 1-3). And 9 is really lovely.

Thanks for the advice federerphotography. I am new and looking for all the advice I can get.

Thanks Mike, I have a bracket, but I REALLY need a new flash, mine is pretty weak. I am looking at buying the sb 800.

Antarctican, thanks for the comment.

no comments? none at all? Wow, I thought my portraits turned out well, I'm a new photographer looking for any helpful tips. I would appreciate some comments, thanks

I love taking pictures, though I'm not I'm not a pro (don't think i will be). btw, the shot i like most is that of the children

Most reactions

New Topics

Back