Wireless flash trigger

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I got my dslr off ebay a couple of months back I got some stuff bundled with it. See pic (sorry for the quality, I was in a hurry :lol:)

flash-1.jpg

The flash works well enough, if a little slow in chraging but I'm damned if I can get the wireless trigger working or even figure out the correct set up (there was no manual nd I can find nothing of use on google). Does anyone have these or the first clue about what goes where?

Parts 1 and 2 seem identical except for a port in the side that one end of either goes into. Cable 1 has a standard 3.5mm jack at the other end (which kind of goes into part 3 but doesn't feel all that solid to me) and cable 2 has smaller jack connector (which seems to slot in the bottom of the flash, again kinda loosely).

Any thoughts?

well, 1 & 2 are both your receivers for your flashes. 3 is the flash trigger which will be mounted to the hot shoe. If you have a canon it is as simple as that.

The cables are basically for connecting the flash to the receiver if it requires the pc port. they should basically plug and play like that.

Cheers for the info guys.

Strobist.com turned out to be really useful, it covered everything from set up to setting the correct frequency. It also covered the pros and cons of the units, (decent for the money but limited, much like myself :D) I was also hampered by the fact that both had batteries inserted but were the wrong way around and wrapped in plastic. :lol: At least they're new.

So all present and correct, thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back