Wireless Goodies

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently I added a Nikon WT-4 Wireless transmitter to my gear.

One of the requests of my clients it to view as we shoot on location, but we did not want to be tied to a laptop with cables on the ground. This solves that problem and more. After the initial setup it has been functioning flawlessly.

The setup we are currently using is the WT-4 with the Nikon D700 We wirelessly connects to a mobile D-Link Router. (We are using the router so we do not have to worry about slow traffic on routers at the location of the shoot and it saves setup time to bring out own.) The images are saved to my Acer Timeline Laptop running Capture One Pro 6.

The advantage of this setup allows us to have redundant copies of the files, one on the laptop and one on CF cards until we can get back and load the images to the server. As well because we use the Capture One software, we can run Capture Pilot on the iPad and the client now has their own screen to review images on and even rate them as we are shooting.

We also have an additional monitor along that is connected to the laptop for the other people to see the images, so the makeup artist, hairdressers and set assistants can see and we can make adjustments as needed.

I will try to get a video of the whole setup running in the near future.

I've said it before...but you have too many cool toys. :lol:

Sounds like a really neat set up, I'd love to come check it out some time.

Dear Gear Junkie Husband,

Remember we have a little girl to feed and house. Please stop buying so much photo gear and related equipment.

Love your wife ;-)

Aww, this the last thing, I promise.
Besides Food and shelter is a luxury, but I can't live without gear.

Most reactions

Back