wireless remote sensor

csgrafix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I woke up this morning and noticed a pair of birds (finches I think) were working hard bringing twigs into this new bird house I set up on my patio just outside my window. I set up my tripod about three feet from subject and zoomed in to 135mm ready to shoot with my wireless remote. The thing is that I had to stay outside in front of the camera... ( couldnt canon put a sensor/reciever for remote shooting from behind camera ??? )

Anyways, I had an idea to angle a mirror infront of sensor so ide be able to fire a shot from behind while hanging out indoors. Any thoughts ? is there such a thing that can be attached to the camera or tripod for this purpose ?

They do make mirrors that attach to your camera, but reflecting an IR signal dramatically reduces your range. I'd be surprised if it would work from further than 2' so it would kind of defeat the purpose.

You can look into a wire trigger, which will let you trigger the shutter from anywhere, as long as the wire is long enough.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but there might also be some sensors you can place in the hotshoe and angle it towards wherever you are to help with the line of sight...not sure though. If there isn't, then there should be :)

They put it on the front because that's where the majority of people are when they want to use a wireless remote.

Theres a Cactus reciever with two sensors front and back that slides onto the hotshoe. That will probrably serve my purpose.
Thanks

What about high speed burst mode...
I dont think any of these wireless remotes support it, Is that true ?

The wireless remote I just bought will shoot from about 10 feet away..

I paid a lot for it, and everyone I got ripped off.. But when I looked online.. the one I got was $89.99 and that was the going price on it online.

From their web site....

With the wireless shutter release, you can control the shutter of your camera from as far as 15 meters away.
The package comes with a handheld wireless transmitter and a wireless receiver to be plugged into the the shutter release port of the camera.
Different from the infrared remote control, the radio-triggered wireless shutter release can work as half-pressed button. In other words, you may let the camera auto-foucs before finally taking a shot.
Another improvement over the infrared remote would be the support of the bulb mode. You can obtain an exposure for as long as you wish.
This wireless shutter release has strong anti-interference function and has 16 channels for you to choose. It is extremely useful if there are several photographers working nearby. Each photographer could choose their own channel to trigger off the shutter release of the camera they are going to use without triggering others’ because of overlapping signals.
This unit can be triggered continuously for 20,000 times. The energy-saving design allows you to use the unit for a year without having to change the battery inside.

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back