Wish me luck....

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by luvmyfamily, Feb 25, 2012.

1. luvmyfamily

luvmyfamily TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    YES, I am a natural light portrait "photographer." LOL! :lol: I just posted one, and come on man...give a little credit for attempting indoor studio photography with an ADHD child. I just posted one, so rip away...but it's past my bedtime. I will post more from todays session when I get more edited. The one I just posted was at f/2.8.

2. luvmyfamily

luvmyfamily TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I am ready to burn this studio and bring on summer where I have plenty of room to move about. You get really cool portraits outdoors rather than a boring backdrop.

3. MTVision

MTVision Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Depth of field is always there.

Maybe along with the DOF calculator you should do an exercise to help you "see" it. It may help you more then just looking at numbers.

DOF exercise would be something like

Take a perfume bottle, can, or something and place it a specific distance from you - say 5ft. Take a picture of the bottle with various apertures - start wide open @ f/1.8 then use 2.8, 3.5, 4, 5.6, 8, 11.

Then put more distance between your subject and you - say 10ft and go through the same apertures again.

I think doing something similar to this will help you understand depth of field better...

4. luvmyfamily

luvmyfamily TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, i actually did that with a pringles can yesterday. It will just take more practice.

5. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

But at night and inside there is not much natural light to shoot portraits :lol: