With the S95

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by jriepe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. jriepe

jriepe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In December of 2010 I was thinking I needed a small camera to carry in the car for those rare occasions I may need one. So I purchased a Canon S95. That was a mistake. Not the selection of the camera but the decision to purchase any non DSLR. I never use the camera and have very few shots with it. It's a great little camera with many, many user settings. It also shoots RAW as well as JPEG. The main drawback in my opinion is the lens is only 3X which gives it a focal length of 35 to 105mm. Anyway yesterday I wanted to take a stroll in one of the forest preserves and since macro season has not truly arrived yet I decided to take the S95 not expecting to find anything to shoot. I didn't feel like lugging my heavy macro equipment as it was not a serious outing. I would sell my S95 for 50% of what I paid for it if anyone is interested. It's barely been used. This is what I got with it yesterday. Not great but it is what it is.

Jerry

[​IMG]

2. pgriz

pgriz Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I'd hang on to it. You know the saying: "The best camera is the one you've got with you." I usually drag my gear around in my car, but I also have a P&S in my coat pocket "just in case". Sometimes stuff just isn't going to wait 2-3 minutes for me to get my "real" gear.

3. Destin

Destin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    And for those rare occasions, cell phone cameras have advanced enough in recent years to suffice.

4. quinte

quinte No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I recently got the S100 for the same reason. Seems like I use more now than my Nik DSLR's! Nice Moth? Fat bodied like one.