Wnated to switch from Canon T3i, where to go DSLR or Mirrorless?

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by shortduck, Aug 28, 2020.

1. crf8

crf8 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My guess is a lot of small businesses that quickly fail, did not do a written business plan, nor calculate how much work it takes to break even or profit. Fixed costs and variable costs.,,,

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
    www.flickr.com/crf8/

2. photoflyer

photoflyer TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Think about the types of venues you will shoot. Outdoor sports is a bit different from indoor sports. Weddings are different from shooting models. Product photography is a realm all its own and so on.

A body is important but in my experiemce is the lenses you chose are more important than the body. I just got an R6. It is super awseome by the way and it may be the best camera in terms of value Canon has ever produced ... time will tell. Today I was doing air-to-air pfotogrpahy. Last week it was astrophotography amd landscapes. During the week we had a compression challenge. All of this was shot on the R6 (I have other bodies including a T3i) but the lenses I took for each were very different. Indeed, the astrophotogrpahy shoot highlighted that I need a wider lens in the arsenal.

Think of it this way, what bends the light is more important than what captures it. The settings for the images you are capturing dictate the lenses you will need.