Wolf

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to a Wolf seminar today by Running with The Wolves (http://www.runningwiththewolves.org/home.html) and got some pictures of Sitka. Most were blah, all were way too noisy.

Anyway, I like these two -- noise and sharpness aside :)

1: Psycho Wolf
PsychoWolf.jpg

2: Pretty wolf
LookingUpWolf.jpg

No c&c needed, I know these aren't very good. Unless someone wants to tell me what else I could have done. I had them set to ISO1600 (max), f/5.6 (or even lower, if I went into shutter mode). Flash would make the photo blurry. And this was in a well lit room, so no idea. :)

I am very familiar with the rescue group and the wolves. I like your photos---all pics of wolves are good in my book!

Thanks for sharing these. I got to see 2 wild wolves while living in Montana this last year. And a black bear in my back yard......:hail:

I like the depth of field in both and the post in shot 2 is great :)
- for inside shots like this I would - personally - have gone into aperture priority mode and opened the aperture up wide as it would go (as a starting point, depth of field might end up a little to low, so experiment). I can't think why your flash would have made things blury - a flash shot should have let you shoot faster shutter speeds (up to around 1/200sec where most flash syncs stop) - though unless you had a diffuser or could change the angle of the flash to bounce it off a wall or ceiling it could have led to harsh light.
Besides the shooting I am sure it was a great day out! :)

I like the depth of field in both and the post in shot 2 is great :)
- for inside shots like this I would - personally - have gone into aperture priority mode and opened the aperture up wide as it would go (as a starting point, depth of field might end up a little to low, so experiment). I can't think why your flash would have made things blury - a flash shot should have let you shoot faster shutter speeds (up to around 1/200sec where most flash syncs stop) - though unless you had a diffuser or could change the angle of the flash to bounce it off a wall or ceiling it could have led to harsh light.
Besides the shooting I am sure it was a great day out! :)

I tried almost all of that, and more :lmao: The only thing I didn't try, which makes sense in hindsight, was to pump up the shutter speed when I switched on the flash. I think that could have made some difference.

Thanks for the kind words, and yes - had a helluva day with or without the photos :)

hey, these aren't very good....

:lol::lol:
j/k. I don't really know why these are blurry. Sounds like you had enough light. What lense were you using? Maybe too much zoom and camera shake as a result?
But thanks for the wolves. Intriguing creatures.

pascal

hey, these aren't very good....

:lmao: Thanks pal!

Puscas said:
:lol::lol:
j/k. I don't really know why these are blurry. Sounds like you had enough light. What lense were you using? Maybe too much zoom and camera shake as a result?

I was using the kit lens. I think the problem with the blur was that I didn't change the shutter speed when I threw the flash on, so if it was flashing at 1/80.. eh, still blur. My stupid mistake, but we live and we learn. Thanks for replying :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back