Womens soccer

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was doing a few tweeks to the settings on my camera so I headed out to shoot a soccer game yesterday. I did manage to sort things out and get a few ok shots.

This was shot through the net, behind the goalie.

I like the first the best. The rest suffer from "derp" face. Good action and captures.

These are amazing shots! Do you shoot jpeg for most of your sports shoots, or raw and convert?

I only shot the first half of the game and the faces are all the same. I deleted some decent action because the girls looked so awful in the shots. I can't remember ever shooting a game that had so many bad expressions.

Love that last one.

they all look good, funny faces are great (except for sales, but boys parents love them)

As a former keeper, man, I LOVE that last shot; great perspective. Yeah, a bit of a bizarre expression there, but you can't help what your face does when you're concentrating on the ball! :lmao:

"derp" face ?

Yes, the last shot of the ball zipping by the keeper....NICE! I think the expressions athletes have on their faces are quite often, well, weird, or contorted...that's part of what makes sports photos so fun to look at.

How do you do that ... shoot through the net?

How do you do that ... shoot through the net?

Stand (a safe distance) behind the net. Aim. Shoot. :D
Seriously-- you use a wide enough aperture and an appropriate focal length so that if you're focused on the player/ball in front of the net, the net itself just kind of "disappears." Same way you can shoot an animal at the zoo through the fence without the fence showing in the photo.

you use a wide enough aperture and an appropriate focal length

Would that be a telephoto lens at 2.8 or 4 ?

Surely did not know you could do that ... thanks.

The shot through the net only worked in black portions of the net, it had white net as well and it showed up in everything. I was standing about 3 feet behind the net and just waited. I think it was shot with the 300 2.8. exposure was 5.6-6.3, I didn't look at the file info.

Most reactions

Back