What's new

WOOD IS GOOD

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
460
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the latest...hope you like it...some may say underexposed. It's pretty simple, but I think there are some interesting things in there..!! :thumbup:


beach wood 73 by charlie766, on Flickr
 
So far your images were straight from the lap of Mother Nature...this is in no way reflects your true spirit... a stigma in your otherwise classic series.... Odd one Out

Regards :D
 
One of my old girlfriends had that (Title) T-shirt! ;)
 
Frequency said:
So far your images were straight from the lap of Mother Nature...this is in no way reflects your true spirit... a stigma in your otherwise classic series.... Odd one Out

Regards :D

Ouch Freq....maybe this one should go in the Minimalist/Abstract thread
 
Charlie... you're on the beach a lot... shoot some seaweed. or barnacles. or the tracks the horseshoe crabs make when they're trying to get out of the surf. Your wood shots were beautiful... but you don't want to get into a rut. or a groove. And you have enough skills to wow us with other things.
 
Charlie... you're on the beach a lot... shoot some seaweed. or barnacles. or the tracks the horseshoe crabs make when they're trying to get out of the surf. Your wood shots were beautiful... but you don't want to get into a rut. or a groove. And you have enough skills to wow us with other things.

Thanks for the encouragement...I see what you mean. This photo was kinda dry, but I thought it was refreshing after some other more complex images I have been posting. Here is a thread with something different I posted last week. I shot some non-wood....but wasn't happy about it!! LOL
 
Charlie... you're on the beach a lot... shoot some seaweed. or barnacles. or the tracks the horseshoe crabs make when they're trying to get out of the surf. Your wood shots were beautiful... but you don't want to get into a rut. or a groove. And you have enough skills to wow us with other things.

Thanks a ton! :-P
 
Well, I'm hoping that Charlie will take my comments with a little grain of salt, as always. And Charlie, the leaf/raindrop photo you took earlier and that you linked to (how did I miss that one??) are very good. You have an eye for seeing interesting patterns and contrasts. No doubt that driftwood offers many possibilities, and we have been enjoying your explorations, but I'm just thinking you can probably spot equally interesting subjects that are not driftwood. If you took my earlier comments as a criticism, I apologise.
 
pgriz said:
Well, I'm hoping that Charlie will take my comments with a little grain of salt, as always. And Charlie, the leaf/raindrop photo you took earlier and that you linked to (how did I miss that one??) are very good. You have an eye for seeing interesting patterns and contrasts. No doubt that driftwood offers many possibilities, and we have been enjoying your explorations, but I'm just thinking you can probably spot equally interesting subjects that are not driftwood. If you took my earlier comments as a criticism, I apologise.

Nah..I wasn't worried, but thanks for saying it. I just have some specific reasons why I am shooting all this wood, besides all that, I just think it's all beautiful stuff.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom