Wool

freelunch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrydavis.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My in-laws live in Heckington, home of the Heckington Show, a village country fair since 1864. We have made it a point to be there for the past several years. I especially like the livestock tents.

DSC_0457_800.jpg

DSC_0461_800.jpg

DSC_0464_800.jpg

DSC_0465_800.jpg

DSC_0474_800.jpg

DSC_0496_800.jpg

DSC_0497_800.jpg

DSC_0498_800.jpg

DSC_0499_800.jpg

This is a very different kind of "sheep photography" I must say :D. I think my favourite is the third. It was a bit naughty of you to take Photo 5, I think ;).

More sheep. And a little lamb. This exhibitor had his hands full:

DSC_0486_800.jpg

Actually, the judging was over and this gentleman had already won first prize for his sheep. You can just make out the red ribbon stuffed into his left coat pocket.

His sheep is posing the most willingly :D. The little boy is not quite so happy, he himself is worried about his grandchild (?), only the sheep is "smiling for that other camera" (for which they posed in the first place, I should think).

The reason I've bumped this is because I have a question to ask.

I use Firefox on a Mac. I notice that the photos I've posted here are more red in appearance than the pix I sent. I put it down to my monitor calibration. However, I downloaded a shot from this site and when I opened it in Photoshop, it looked much less red than what I was seeing on the website.

Has anybody else noticed a red shift? Is there an explanation? It's not my imagination, it's quite noticable.

Thanks in advance for a response.

I'm in the process of answering my own question. I opened this thread in Safari and the colours are much closer to how I saw them in Photoshop. So, Firefox 3 has a red cast. I'm trying to find out if there is some way of controlling the colour management in Firefox. Also, I will have a look at other browsers to see if there is one that displays the best colour.

I never considered that various browsers would display images so differently.

Okay, for what it's worth:

I'm using a G5 PowerMac running 10.5.4. My default browser, Firefox 3, was showing my photos too red, so I started looking at other browsers. Any Mozilla-based browser has the same colouring characteristic as Firefox, as do Opera and Internet Explorer.

Safari, on the other hand, displays my photos as they appear in Photoshop. Similar colour characteristics are displayed by iCab, Shiira and Sunrise.

Too bad. I really liked Firefox.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back