Woot! Santa brought me an SB-910!

OrionsByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Santa, in this case, is actually my board of directors at work - they told me to use company money to buy "that flash you've been wanting" as a "thank you" (and yes, they knew how much it was going to cost). Surprised the crap out of me, but it didn't stop me from ordering it like 2 minutes later LOL.

Anyways, it arrived today and I've been pressing all the pretty buttons and generally geeking out over the thing all night. Finally I decided to try something semi-serious as a two-light setup with my brand-new 910 and my old faithful 600.

So the setup for this shot was just a blanket draped over a couch, with my SB-600 sitting on top of the couch on a GorillaPod and pointed straight down at the figures' heads. I don't have a snoot or anything, which would have come in really handy for this shot, and though I probably could make one I was just screwing off. I did flag the bottom of the flash so there was no light spilling on to the blanket behind the figures.

The SB-910 was shot in to a reflecting umbrella about six feet away. 1/60 f/8 ISO 400, SB-910 on TTL, SB-600 on TTL +1EV. In post I cropped in a little and applied a crapload of vignette - since the light up top wasn't snooted, the vignette gave me the look I wanted.

I had fun. ;)

I'm looking forward to using the new light for much more worthwhile endeavors in the future. :)

$DSC_6981.jpg

Pretty decent lighting effect you managed to create!!! Nice touch with the heavy vignetting in post! It actually looks well-lighted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back