Working on DOF, Comments Pls.

Mizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2543271383_3e99763093.jpg

2544098882_bea398da4f.jpg

My first real attempt using manual, def not easy.....

The best thing about these shots is working soooo hard to obtain the subject matter.... glug glug... It's nice to be able to drink 50 bottles of wine in the name or "art"......lol...

You have achieved depth of field.... you most likely already know this...

both shots work for me.... but the 1st clearly draws the eyes to the second row which is the focal point... the diagonal lines in the second shot are different and pleasing but only a couple of corks are in full focus... so it kinda depends on your artistic intentions...

The only recommendation I would make with these shots would be to keep your eye on the corners of the composition. In both shots you have a corner where the subject ends, (top right corner of the first, top left of the second). If you didn't have these you'd have a level of infinity that always looks good in these kind of pictures.

The best thing about these shots is working soooo hard to obtain the subject matter.... glug glug... It's nice to be able to drink 50 bottles of wine in the name or "art"......lol...

You have achieved depth of field.... you most likely already know this...

both shots work for me.... but the 1st clearly draws the eyes to the second row which is the focal point... the diagonal lines in the second shot are different and pleasing but only a couple of corks are in full focus... so it kinda depends on your artistic intentions...

Thanks :), So for picture 2 how would i get more corks in focus? bigger appeture (smaller number)?

The only recommendation I would make with these shots would be to keep your eye on the corners of the composition. In both shots you have a corner where the subject ends, (top right corner of the first, top left of the second). If you didn't have these you'd have a level of infinity that always looks good in these kind of pictures.

Holy Eye Batman, I didn't even notice that, but now i totally see what you mean, Good point, Thanks

Most reactions

Back