Working on Exposure - Comments appreciated!

pinupcollector

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Heaven or Hell depending on the time of year...
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this earlier explaining my aha! moment with my camera...

So, I stopped on the way home from work to take a few shots. I know the subject could be better and they are a bit fuzzy (I got excited and forgot I am terrible at manually focusing) but I would like some feedback on the exposure. They seem a little underexposed to me... This was my first time not using the auto settings so feedback is appreciated.

$123.jpg$Misty1.jpg$Misty2.jpg$Misty3.jpg

They look fine to me. Look at your histograms on them. They go from side to side on the graph and there's nothing stacked up on either end. Just looking at them with my eyes I see areas of pure white in most as well as areas of pure black, or as close as I can tell. Good color saturation. Don't know what else you could ask for.

Looks like a very nice place to go exploring on a big bore dirt bike... Sometimes I wish I didn't live in a giant Forrest.

I like two that's pretty good for hand held. Exposure seems fine

First one looks a little light to me and the second one looks like the rocks farther back are more in focus than the foreground but it looks like you're getting the exposures just fine. Guess you did do better than you thought!

I posted this earlier explaining my aha! moment with my camera...

So, I stopped on the way home from work to take a few shots. I know the subject could be better and they are a bit fuzzy (I got excited and forgot I am terrible at manually focusing) but I would like some feedback on the exposure. They seem a little underexposed to me... This was my first time not using the auto settings so feedback is appreciated.
/QUOTE]

What are you looking at that looks underexposed?
What are you expecting to see that you don't?

Most reactions

Back