What's new

working with photomatix!

FSquares

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
was working with photomatix and figured some tricks out.. thanks to Lafoto.. the cartoonish thing kinda worked here i think. :)

mobb.jpg


C&Cs are welcome.. and anyone who are good at photomatix.. give me tips on how to make this better.

Thanks in advance.
 
maybe try to get rid of the noise to get a better photograph?
 
It is a) an HDR or much rather tone-mapped image from one file only (I think, is it, FSquares?), and b) a close crop into an existing (much larger) photo (I can tell that from the size of the "Photomatix" watermark and from the fact that it only shows once), which I think accounts for the noise.

If you mind the noise much, FSquares, you can try to put this photo through NeatImage now (www.neatimage.com ) ... I still only work with their free demo version, which means I can not go into all the detail you COULD go into to cover up noise in your pictures, but then I am too stupid to understand all those details, anyway, so I am happy with what the programme offers me "just so" ;) ;) ;).

And well, this is what I get when I play with Photomatix (and I still don't take any of my putting some of my pics through that any more seriously as I would take "playing"!) and push all the levers to max, but I am not sure I like it. I find that our experts such as NJMAN or woodsac get these cartoonish results, but they look much better! And I still don't know THEIR secret.

Maybe this thread will make them come out of the woodwork and tell us ;) ;) ;) !?!?!?!?
 
thanks for the comment Ernie and Lafoto. :)

I have tried neatimage a while ago.. I had completely forgotten about it.. Now that Lafoto told me about it, I think I should get the trial version or something to try it out. Thanks :)

I hope NJMAN or Woodsac leaves some valuable techniques on how I could work Photomatix well. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom