World Cup

I did not watch the England-Paraguay match. Was in choir rehearsal from morning till after an evensong that we prepared. But Uschi came to evensong and had not spent all day with us rehearsing, and she commented the match as follows:

"The Paraguayans had to do everything themselves - even put the ball into their own goal."

Oh dear.

And Sweden-Trinidad&Tobago played 0:0 ?

The whole town where we had this all-day rehearsal is full of Trinidad&Tobago flags and a beach on the market square and whatnot - it's because they are the host town for that team, they reside in a posh hotel there.

well...I saw the highlights and England looks crap.

Still their only threat is off to a crap start too.

Baring a momumental screw up, they should be through.

Early goals are always bad for the england team, we get too confident and then usually loose. I've got no idea why they took Owen off, Crouch was completely floundering by himself. He is tall!!!!

bigfatbadger said:
Early goals are always bad for the england team, we get too confident and then usually loose. I've got no idea why they took Owen off, Crouch was completely floundering by himself. He is tall!!!!

At first I thought he was a basketball player! He is tall and lanky. But has good talent with the ball.

Argentina did not impress me neither, I'm used to see Argentina win big in matches against unknowns like the Ivory Coast. But, a win is a win is a win... ;)

the England game bored me. Things should liven up though once Rooney is match fit :)

I only caught part of the second half of ARG v IVORY COAST but from what i saw i thought IC played well enough to deserve at least a draw

watching the england game now. they look good, but I hate watching these crap players almost seriously injuring the top players.

and why is crouch getting called for nothing time and time again?

portugal game was bad too. those angola players were dirty.

bace said:
watching the england game now. they look good, but I hate watching these crap players almost seriously injuring the top players.

and why is crouch getting called for nothing time and time again?

that Mexican Ref was a bit handy with the cards

the ref is an absolute arse in our game...... and we have a history of making refs pay by way of death threats etc...... so he should be more careful. :mrgreen:

.... but alot of the games have been avarage .... the first one is still the best game to watch so far.

I'm watching germany vs. costa rica now.

I heard it was good.

Thank god for TV on demand. I just wish people wouldn't tell me the scores...haha..or I didn't just look for them.

wow, that first goal was great.

Wait for the last German goal!

Aussies rejoice! Cahill's the man!!

I'm not watching the game but I have the Match Live thing on my comp.

Two goals in the last few minutes.

And I had Japan coming out second in that Group. Damn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back