What's new

Worlds Largest...

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
14236707147_c03f44943f_b.jpg


...outdoor chandelier.
 
I'm just sitting here staring at this. It's really captivating.

Of course, I'm always shooting pics of chandeliers... some odd obsession.
 
I forgot about your chandelier obsession!
Hahahaha!

Glad you like it! I've always like yours.

Here is a view from down the street. Or is it from up the street?



14237274330_a727412d3a_b.jpg
 
Wonderful composition and asymmetric symmetry.
 
I forgot about your chandelier obsession!
Hahahaha!

Glad you like it! I've always like yours.

Here is a view from down the street. Or is it from up the street?



14237274330_a727412d3a_b.jpg

Wow, that's really wild. Where is this?
 
That's just silly.

Thank you for showing us the photograph.
 
It's a little silly, but it's also a celebration of Cleveland's rebirth.
Playhouse Square is the world’s largest theater restoration project, and the country’s largest performing arts center outside New York City. These theaters were built in the 1920's. At one time they were abandoned! They have all been restored, and are beautiful places to see all kinds of shows. This area is a few blocks away from my shop, and the other picture I posted. Everything in between has been vacant for a few years. But now all of the buildings are being renovated. A building at that intersection in the other thread has been vacant for 20 years, now nearing completion of mixed use hotel, apartments, condos, and businesses. We are finally getting a large local grocery store chain moving in to that intersection as well. They (the grocery store) are partly refurbishing and moving into an old bank building in the federal style, with a Tiffany glass dome.

So while it may seem silly, it's quickly become a draw to the area. It's a significant mark of the rebirth of this city.
While we were there, we got to witness a marriage proposal, under the chandelier....

14237270890_b2ca04b0b6_b_d.jpg
 
David, your shot inspired me to take a street-view walk around the place. Photos there are 3 years old, so perhaps they don't show the latest renovation, but one gets a sense that that place is looking up.

Love the last shot - slice of life and a key moment for two people! Also I really love how you got the chandelier symmetry in the first one. From that perspective, it looks more like a closeup of a really alien eye.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom