tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all
Today it was the worst day in my life so far.
I went with my wife and daughter for shopping and about two hours later I had a call from police, and they told me that I had brake in to my house.
When I get back I discovered that my 40" LCD, my D40 with 18-55, 55-200VR and 50mm f1.8 was gone. Some other stuff is missing aswell. Good thing is that I got my home insurance sorted last month. Right now I need to make a clame and see what is going to happen. The worst thing is it all happened before Christmas. :(
I hope to get everything sorted ASAP.
Regards
Tom

wow thieves are worthless pos. hope everything goes out right.

Sorry for what happened to you...

It happened to us once too, back in 1984. Home got broken into while we were away on vacation.

And that was the very last time we ever spent a night in our own house that did not have a monitored alarm system. Never have had a problem since.

ps - Just thought about this - you know how stinky meat doesn't stink when put back in a refregerator? Before we left we had halfway eaten a large pizza while working in the basement. A couple of days later I saw the rest of that pizza sitting out, so put it into the downstairs fridge to deal with later when we got back.

When they broke into our house, they also helped themselves to that pizza (that had had ground beef and pepperoni sitting out 2 days before it was put back into the refregerator.

Bet that pizza got some revenge on someone a few hours later...lol

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that...today is a weird day, I got hit by a car that my friends was driving

Sorry it happened to you... I have been burglarized before, and it feels like you are violated when it happens.

Sorry it happened to you... I have been burglarized before, and it feels like you are violated when it happens.

Yeah, like someone has gone through your personal stuff, and you don't even know who did it?

It sux, doesn't it?

To anyone out there, please, at least think about getting an alarm system, or at the very least put a dummy sign outside your house to try to get the bad guys to go visit someone else.

Also, be careful who you tell when you do go away on vacation. You might not always really know for sure who your friends are...

As they say, try to keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

And people know you probably have insurance. Once the bad guys know how to get in, what's to say they won't be back after you have replaced lost stuff when insurance pays your claim?

Man .. that's suck. At least everyone is safe. We had few car jacking cases last week in St. Louis according to the news. You can tell how the bad economy affect our life.

I really hope everything gets straighten out for you.

My house was robbed a couple of years ago while I was on a vacation...they stole my desk top computer, laptop and some other goodies too.

Fortunately, I did get most of the things back but that was because some youngsters that lived a couple of blocks down went and told me who had stolen my things.

It happened to be someone who lived about 3 houses from mine...!!

Sorry to hear that, Tom. At least no one was home so no one was hurt.
This happened to me a few years back while I was a music student - someone broke into my apartment and stole close to $1500 worth of cymbals, a collection I had built and loved since I was in high school. At the time, I wasn't working so it was a huge blow.
Luckily you have insurance - hope it all works out for you.

Oh I feel your pain. It makes you wonder what kind of person could steal someones things, especially so close to Christmas.
Just the other day, I was at school, and on the opposite side of the building there was a bi-county Christmas festival going on. While I was in my class someone stole a $300 ball hitch (the thing you hook trailers to trucks) off of the back of my truck. Talk about make someone sick to their stomach.

Most reactions

Back