Worth the Reshoot?

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
At the park today I saw this interesting shadow on the sand..

park9.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm happy with the photo, I wanted to get a better angle, but since its on sand am I really ever going to get a decent exposure of it?

I can reshoot since I just have to go at the same time of day, but wasn't sure if it was worth the effort?

Any other suggestions?

Hi Kylie. It looks like a piece of playground equipment??? It's an interesting shadow....there's a symmetry to it. Yes, the exposure is a little hot....the light shaded ground is a bit too contrasty. You might try it with a .3 or .7 negative EV adjustment.....then see if you still have enough contrast with the black shadow.

One other thing.....widen your angle just enough to get the entire circle in the frame. Good luck.

Nice, definitely worth the re-shoot IMO, might think about picking up any leaves in the center

I definitely think there's some potential here - - especially if you either go tighter, and focus only on the circular part, or wider, and add some context. Also, consider trying to get a human element in this. It's a playground, and evem if the pattern doesn't show that, a kid running through or in the shadows or silhoutted might work.

An added benefit to this -- focus on the shadow, maybe on a tripod. Let kids do whatever - you're not shooting -them- and avoid paranoid parents.

Robert
www.teamwetdog.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back