Would it be better to have a tele or zoom lense or both in one?

pinkice2821

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a zoom lense... autofocus for my xti and I am just wondering If I should have bought a tele... zoom... or tele zoom lense? Which does a better job? Thanks, Jen

...what are you calling a zoom lens vs. tele zoom lens? What's the millimeters you're talking about? What's the intended use - sports, groups, weddings, etc.?

i got a quantaray 70-300mm auto focus zoom lense and basically i want to use it for sports, zoo, water, etc...

alrighty then... i guess just because it doesnt say its a tele zoom doesnt mean it isnt... can you tell I'm a newbie... :D atleast when it comes to specifications i am!

Telephoto jus tmeans you can see farther away. Normally, anything past 80 milimeters is a Tele lens. even the 50mm lens everyone gets is a mild telephoto on cropped cameras

Telephoto is defined as a focal length that produces an image that appears larger on the camera frame than it does to the naked eye. With an APS digital that would be any focal length longer than 30mm. Your zoom lens is all in the telephoto range.

Normal lenses are those that produce an image size similar to what we see with our eyes and wide angle are those that produce an image size smaller than we see with the naked eye. Take care.

Most reactions

Back