Would it be worth it???

maytay20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mwphoto.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon 35-80mm kit lens that I broke. I was trying to pry off the UV filter and well didn't realize how strong I was snapped the darn thing in two pieces. Don't worry I haven't attempted this on any other lens since. My question since this is a 7yr old kit lens should I just toss it in the trash??? :raisedbrow: :cry: The one and only time I regret my decision to work out an loose weight. :confused:

Toss it.

Next time use a filter wrench.

This is exactly why I keep telling my wife that I shouldn't go to the gym! My 65 year-old arthritic hands might just tear something expensive apart!

Toss it.

This is exactly why I keep telling my wife that I shouldn't go to the gym!

Very good excuse! I need to use that one too. After all, I only need enough strength to crack open a beer. :mrgreen:

Toss it.

Don't worry lesson learned. :confused: I will be getting a filter wrench. At least it was a 7yr old kit lens and not the lens I have just paid over $700. for. I guess it could have cost me more.

I'm glad you brought this up though. I will be going to buy me a fliter wrench today because I can see myself doing the exact same thing.

Whoopie! Problem solved ... so easily.
Now let's all go have a beer ... (No. Wait! I just finished one. Oh well ... guess I'll have another. Gotta get my exercise you understand!)

Whoopie! Problem solved ... so easily.
Now let's all go have a beer ... (No. Wait! I just finished one. Oh well ... guess I'll have another. Gotta get my exercise you understand!)
Don't have any here at the moment but will have one tomorrow night! I work at a brewery so I tasty stuff on the weekends!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back