SteffJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.steffjayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

So I'm looking to get a photo printer at home, mainly for checking color and the occasional sold print. However, I'm pretty useless when it comes to knowing what printer will give me the truest photo quality (without breaking the bank).

Any and all suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

So I'm looking to get a photo printer at home, mainly for checking color and the occasional sold print. However, I'm pretty useless when it comes to knowing what printer will give me the truest photo quality (without breaking the bank).

Any and all suggestions would be amazing.

Thanks!
It's a bit more involved than just buying a printer.

Do you have a color-managed workflow?

yes, it's calibrated regularly. i do kids portrait photography for a mid size company, but i'm also starting to do my own freelance work as well.

thank you so much for the tutorial, i'm gonna check it out right now!

I agree with the Epson advice. I've had an R800, and R1800, but the current R3000 really takes the prize.
I've used Photoshop CS3 and 4, then 5 and always had an issue with colour matching. I use a ColorMunki on the screen, and to calibrate the printer. I changed to an iMac a few months ago, still using CS5, and always have had to correct for too much density in the prints.
I recently bought Aperture3, and other than the learning curve after PShop, I've found that with minor brightness correction (1.1), the prints are now great. Does this help any?

Most reactions

Back