Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 142
Two things leap at me right away: (1) The image is just a bit too close to be comfortable (or to allow for good framing; you've cropped the top of junior's head off in #1); and (2) the white balance is way off; both have a strong yellow cast which is easily corrected, but as-is, detracts from the image. While it's good to get close, you can have too much of a good thing, and I think this is a case of that.

Two things leap at me right away: (1) The image is just a bit too close to be comfortable (or to allow for good framing; you've cropped the top of junior's head off in #1); and (2) the white balance is way off; both have a strong yellow cast which is easily corrected, but as-is, detracts from the image. While it's good to get close, you can have too much of a good thing, and I think this is a case of that.

Thank for the feedback. These are the first images I've attempted to edit and I'm clueless so thanks for your expertise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, the colors and WB are really off you're too close to the subject

yes, the colors and WB are really off you're too close to the subject

Thanks! I'm horrid with slight colors. My eyes are defective so I will have a slight issue editing. Appreciate the feed back.

Light!! Put him by a window and turn off all he lights in the room. Move him around and experiment with the direction of the light. And don't edit!! [emoji3] cute baby his eyes are so blue!

Light!! Put him by a window and turn off all he lights in the room. Move him around and experiment with the direction of the light. And don't edit!! [emoji3] cute baby his eyes are so blue!

Thanks!!!

Wow, a really cute, fine-looking baby boy with GREAT baby features! As mentioned, the crop of the first is a bit unorthodox. I think the hand detail shot is a marvelous idea--really great to see the tiny hand and its delicate little fingers, shown in nice close-up detail. The lighting is a bit yellowish; as Paige mentioned, maybe try some natural light coming in from a window? If you do go with natural, window light, make sure to get a good white balance, one that yields a nice, realistic skin tone on the camera's LCD screen.

If you do use window light, be aware that you might need a somewhat high ISO level, especially if you live in a darker climate area, since it is December right now.

I see by looking at the EXIF data that the shutter speeds used were 1/25 second for the first photo, and 1/4 second for the hand close-up--those are risky shutter speeds unless the baby is very still and the camera is fired while he's very still..a little bit more ISO speed might be a good idea, since these were shot at ISO 100. The AUTO white balance setting you used yielded a far too-yellow look, which is pretty common. The small, crisp, rounded catchlight dots in his eyes look like a standard, overhead bedroom globe type fixture...so, I'd think a lowish white balance setting of from 2,600 to 3200 degrees Kelvin might be a good starting point to get the colors more realistic. AUTO white balance often gives funky colors when used in artificial lighting scenarios.

Wow, a really cute, fine-looking baby boy with GREAT baby features! As mentioned, the crop of the first is a bit unorthodox. I think the hand detail shot is a marvelous idea--really great to see the tiny hand and its delicate little fingers, shown in nice close-up detail. The lighting is a bit yellowish; as Paige mentioned, maybe try some natural light coming in from a window? If you do go with natural, window light, make sure to get a good white balance, one that yields a nice, realistic skin tone on the camera's LCD screen.

If you do use window light, be aware that you might need a somewhat high ISO level, especially if you live in a darker climate area, since it is December right now.

I see by looking at the EXIF data that the shutter speeds used were 1/25 second for the first photo, and 1/4 second for the hand close-up--those are risky shutter speeds unless the baby is very still and the camera is fired while he's very still..a little bit more ISO speed might be a good idea, since these were shot at ISO 100. The AUTO white balance setting you used yielded a far too-yellow look, which is pretty common. The small, crisp, rounded catchlight dots in his eyes look like a standard, overhead bedroom globe type fixture...so, I'd think a lowish white balance setting of from 2,600 to 3200 degrees Kelvin might be a good starting point to get the colors more realistic. AUTO white balance often gives funky colors when used in artificial lighting scenarios.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea, this was my first shots I took with the camera when I came home from turkey vaca. He was sleeping on the hand shot and the lighting was so dark in my house and yea, the house lighting makes everything yellow I'm learning. I was reading to try to shoot everything in Ido 100 if possible as it yields best quality from what I've read. I usually try to keep it below 400 in my house. I'll be taking the camera out tomorrow for some outside practice with natural light.

I also need to practice my editing skills which is obvious haha. I definitely appreciate the feedback. Everything helps

I was reading to try to shoot everything in Ido 100 if possible as it yields best quality from what I've read. I usually try to keep it below 400 in my house.

You should meter and use the ISO and shutter speed you need to properly expose without motion blur. Be it ISO 100 or 10,000 [emoji3]

The best quality comes from being properly exposed.

I was reading to try to shoot everything in Ido 100 if possible as it yields best quality from what I've read. I usually try to keep it below 400 in my house.

You should meter and use the ISO and shutter speed you need to properly expose without motion blur. Be it ISO 100 or 10,000 [emoji3]

The best quality comes from being properly exposed.

These hands don't cause motion blur. Steady.ass.hands.

(Sarcasm)

crop and white balance where the biggest things for me

ec6732b3f7545202f49a4606760b2fb3.jpg

c5767a5b5cadce9112b079d59cedd1f9.jpg

Bath time session. What a chunky monkey I got.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back