Would love any feedback...thanks!!

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any critiques would be appreciated. I am still pretty new to photography, but want to improve. I can only get better if someone tells me what I'm doing wrong. I can be thick skinned, so go for it! I already see that I've cut off too many little hands.

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6799.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

With regards to colours and contrasts, I like the fourth photo best. But I'm not overly fond of children's photos taken from the height of an adult. In most cases I feel it'd be better to get down to their own height.

Which you did in 1, which I also like (yes about the hands, though, but no need to tell you about it any more, you already know!) ... that one is quite soft in appearance (this time not meaning "soft focus"-soft), the contrasts are quite subdued ... and that one and the fourth (which are my favourites out of the series) make me debate if I find the softness, shiny-ness, pinkness of the first even more fitting for a little girl like that or if I prefer the stronger contrasts of 4 to that... :scratch:??? I'm totally undecided here.

Lucky you with a willing, living doll for a model. I like them all save for the fuzzy one. I especially like the way you fill the frame. Then, again, have you tried different crops?

They also look perfectly natural and un-retouched.

Thanks for the input (and the compliments on my daughters). I don't know much about post production so my pictures are almost always straight from the camera (except maybe a crop or adjusting the exposure a bit). I have my pictures in Aperture right now, but haven't been able to find any workshops or classes to help me learn how to use it correctly. I am thinking about switching to Photoshop. Any suggestions or advice?

I love the framing of the shots, and I think the first two are my favorites. You have a gorgeous model there! I think the lighting is great here and you really brought out her eyes.

Nice job!

I think you are off to a good start. Your use of DoF is used well. You centered her only once. But as Lafoto eluded to, be mindful of cutting off hands. There are certain ways to effectively truncate limbs, which is usually below the joint. Half of a hand just doesn't look good IMO. Nicely done overall.

She is gorgeous, of course.

I love the fourth one. I also think you are off to a really great start. They definitely have a natural feel to them.

She is beautiful :)

Most reactions

Back