What's new

Would love to get some opinions on these photos to see where I stand

kylevelasco

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States/Japan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All taken with a D40 and kit lens. will provide camera setting upon request.

$Japan.webp
$Japanese Man.webp
$Lantern.webp
$Nishiki Market.webp
$Street.webp
$Temple.webp
 
It is hard to see these images without space between them. Please put spaces between your photos next time to make them easier to view.

The pics all look underexposed to me and lack any sort of meaningful subject matter. They don't do much for me. YMMV.
 
They look good. Like the black and whites for sure.
 
#1 Try to get a clear shot of the house, and move in closer.
#2 crop top and sides to a square format.
#3 technically good, but lacking a main subject.
#4 Is your subject the lanterns or the street in general?
#5 interesting, but it needs a specific subject.
#6 fairly interesting, but the bridge (assumed subject) is partially obscured by branches and leaves.
 
Thank you much for the critique. As I am just starting out I am shooting anything I can to hone in on what I enjoy to shoot, therefore Im lacking subject matter. With a kit lens I was unable to get in as close as what I would have liked. @jwbryson1, how could you tell an image was underexposed, would it be my editing with lightroom or can you see that regardless? I do love black and whites.. thanks again for the comments.

#1 Try to get a clear shot of the house, and move in closer.
#2 crop top and sides to a square format.
#3 technically good, but lacking a main subject.
#4 Is your subject the lanterns or the street in general?
#5 interesting, but it needs a specific subject.
#6 fairly interesting, but the bridge (assumed subject) is partially obscured by branches and leaves.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom