What's new

Would this Tamron fit?

As long as you buy the 'Nikon version', it will fit & work just fine. But if you bought the Canon version, or the Sony, or the Pentax version, then it wouldn't fit.
 
Last edited:
Do most third parties offer Internal focusing motors that the D3100 lacks? I wish to get a macro, but I haven't ventured off completely and learned how to manual focus.
 
412 Burgh said:
Do most third parties offer Internal focusing motors that the D3100 lacks? I wish to get a macro, but I haven't ventured off completely and learned how to manual focus.

Most do. I think sigma lenses that are compatible would identified by hsm instead of af-s
 
Yep the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP AF/MF 1:1 Macro Lens works fine.
Scroll down from link and it says

  • Hood Included
  • Case Included
  • Built in motor designed for use with Nikon Cameras
Which means fine for entry level Nikons without built in motor in camera.
And is a great choice for macro as gives you more stand back from than the 50 or 60mm Nikon versions.
.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom