• The World is Color Dude

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • B&W All The Way

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heck no. They would shoot with a Canon 1Ds mk III. :er:

If Weston and Adams where a live today would they shoot with color film

All that shows is that even pros and artists can get stuck in a rut. :lol::lol::lol:
Flexibility and the acceptance of change is a challenge for a lot of pros to deal with too.

skieur

Adams probably still prefer the view cameras.

Adams shot color as some here have stated. Although he preferred black and white. There is a book out called Ansel Adams in color but I don't believe the reproductions are very good. In his later years he shot with a Hasselblad. One of his most famous shots, moon and half dome, was made with the Hasselblad and not the view camera. As far as digital, In one of his books Adams refers to his thinking that the digital image would be the next advancement in photography and he was excited to see what that would bring.

Seems to me that Ansel Adams and Edward Weston really enjoyed the nuances of B&W photography. I can not see them doing a whole lot in colour. I never knew them so it is hard to say.

Love & Bass

I watched a long interview with a student of Adams who described him as a quasi-gearhead, and someone who was always very much into technology. This specific question was raised, and the answer is that Adams actually shot with a precursor to digital a couple of times just before his death.

So yes, Adams would have shot digital, but probably in B&W.

No idea about Weston. All I can assume is that they used what was available to them.

I can't imagine them not wanting to try whatever was available to them. Whether they would have stuck with it or not, we'll never know. :)

adams was famous about using the best possible quality he could and being able to tweak everything
just so, I am thinking he prob would have expiramented with and probable switched over to digital as well
as being a Photoshop GOD, he would prob have many digital backs....
I think B&W was just his personal style, I ould definately see him doing duo-tones and the like..

It worries me a little when experienced photographers don´t know what the icons of our trade did...sometimes even who they were seems to be a mystery.
The books, the galleries, and the internet can teach us a lot and help us to understand not only the nuts and bolts, the "how to", but also and perhaps more importantly, the application of photography...the "what is photography".

Thanks. Rant over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back