Would you buy an International version of a camera?

Actually Nikon started warrantying some grey market cameras in the US.
Notably the D7100, D610, D800, D810, and D4s but only by a Nikon-authorized third party repair center in the US (not their repair centers). Doesn't help the OP unless he opts for a D7100.

Though I contacted one of those 3rd party repair centers. I think they are fairly limited in the scope of what they fix. So, if you don't have any easy problem to fix you still might be OOL.

Ok, so general consensus I am getting here is that if I ever have to get it serviced, I will either have to ship it to japan, or have it sent to a repair place like this

Something I guess I am going to have to consider, on the bright side, if I get to keep this body in working condition for at least a few years. Then when the time comes to it possibly breaking, then I might just be able to get a new dx body, especially since all my lens will work with it.

I thank you guys so much, got a ton of responses. Love being on this forum, thanks again!

..get a new dx body, especially since all my lens will work with it.
Just so you're clear; FX lenses with a focusing motor (the "S" lenses) will also work on a D5300 body. Some photographers start accumulating FX lenses with the idea of someday getting a FX body. But they will have to have the focusing motor in the lens for your D5300.

Just so you're clear; FX lenses with a focusing motor (the "S" lenses) will also work on a D5300 body. Some photographers start accumulating FX lenses with the idea of someday getting a FX body. But they will have to have the focusing motor in the lens for your D5300.

Oh ok, so I could get FX Lens just make sure they are S lenses?

Oh ok, so I could get FX Lens just make sure they are S lenses?
Right. The D5300 does not have a focus motor in the body, so you will have to use "S" lenses.

Nope, and don't expect any help from Nikon USA or any camera dealers if you get a Grey Market.

Most reactions

Back