Would you ever buy refurbished?

pab

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to pick up the nikon 85mm 1.4G lens, and do not want to pay full price. I dont know how I feel about buying used, I know it sounds silly compared to buying a previously owned one with an issue that was corrected and tested to spec?

I am thinking about getting rid of my 14-24mm to get a new 85mm if I cannot get a good enough deal. Thoughts?

Sure. As long as it's factory refurbished.

Few factory refurbished gear had any kind of a problem, and if it did have a problem they only expend the effort to repair very minor problems. Trade show demos, in factory tested, and buyer's remorse returns of properly working gear make up the majority of the refurbished gear sold.
It all has to be tested to make sure it is still calibrated properly

I bought a refurb Nikon D7000 and got it today.... best purchase and decision ive made yet. I read that Nikon goes through the refurb with a fine tooth comb instead of an assembly line and every few being tested. Id buy refurbs from keh.com over and over again!

I bought a factory refurbished "grey box" Nikon lens some years ago, a 28-105...it was super-cheap...when I got home and opened the box inside was a 180mm f/2.8 AF-D Nikkor.

Should I sell my 50mm 1.4g and pay the difference for a refurb 85mm then? I dont suppose I would use the 50mm that much anymore if I had the 85.. or would I? I am starting to concentrate more on people and less on landscape /architecture

To get a portfolio going I have 3 probono shoots of kids and families coming up soon. Friends of course. Expectations are semi professional to casual.. nothing real serious for now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have an 85 (finally!) and I still would love a nice 50. The 50 is cool for walking around street wise. The 50 was the mainstay of all photojournalists throughout time .

Oh and I'd have no qualms buying a factory refurb and hopefully be as lucky as Derrel.

Factory refurbs are "like new" and mint. Buy them from Adorama, Cameta and KEH and you'll get a warranty of at least six months, a year with Cameta.
I only buy used or refurbished.

Buy them from Adorama, Cameta and KEH and you'll get a warranty of at least six months, a year with Cameta.

For $7.95, you can join Adorama's VIP club, which gives you an extra 1-year warranty on any refurbished product. Bought my D7000 refurb from them and extended the 90-day factory warranty out to a year for just $8. :thumbsup:

Yes, I would buy refurbished depending on its' price compared to NEW. I've seen refurbs on Amazon for more than new?

Absolutely I would and have. I've gone a step further and purchased used lenses. Never regretted it.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I am going stack some pennies for a for a paycheck or two and see if they are still available. Dont REALLY wanna sell my 14-24mm so I would rather just get the refurb

Thanks again

Oh yeah, man.

Grey market, refurbished... all that.

Never had a problem.

I usually get used through craigslist or through online that in mint condition at much cheaper prices. still save at least $20-$100 against refurbish.

In a heart beat, if it met all other criteria ie; price, desire/need, factory or not,etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back