Would you ever buy refurbished?

I bought a point and shoot CoolPix 4300 digital from Nikon refurb'd 6 years ago. Still rolling along. travels well and if it breaks,lost stolen? Oh well.

When buying pro level lenses and cameras I always buy used/refurbished. Pro equipment is built about 10 times tougher than most users need

When buying pro level lenses and cameras I always buy used/refurbished. Pro equipment is built about 10 times tougher than most users need

Good point. Does refurb come with any type of warranty?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

My D800, 50mm 1.8, 55-200mm (Sold it) all refurbished. I don't think I'll ever buy new again.

. I don't think I'll ever buy new again.

Agreed. Besides my 50mm 1.8, and a Sigma 28-90, everything I have added into the collection, has come only "new to me".

If you have the chance to rent a piece of glass that you want to own, then go for it. Nothing better than trying before buying, it's not like photography is the cheapest hobby out there. NEXT, after you have decided you want to add a piece of equipment to your bag, if you can get it used (and know that it is functioning as it should be), I see no reason why NOT to get used/refurbished.

The only BRAND NEW thing I have in my bag, is a Nikon D700 that was actually given to me as a gift (I'm still with her, and she is WAY amazing beyond her respect of my photography hobby), besides that, and my Nifty 50, everything I have ever bought, is used.

Until I can start bringing in money, based on photography, I will ALWAYS look for new/used first. Photography isn't paying my bills, it is just a hobby, so for that I am just a frugal kinda feller. I would LOVE to have a limitless bank account to apply to my "wants/needs:, but that is just unrealistic. There is NO SHAME in buying used, especially if it is a factory refurb.

Work SMARTER, not harder. Buying something that is factory refurb, at 1/3 the MSRP is a no brainer. Make the most of your self allocated budget: THAT MEANS DON'T BE AFRAID TO BUY USED.

Bought my D7000 refurbed and my 50mm 1.8D.

Both for bargain prices and they were in perfect condition.

Good point. Does refurb come with any type of warranty?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but it's usually shorter--something like 90 days.

If you're buying used off ebay, you'll have a few days to check it out and make sure nothing is wrong that the seller didn't disclose. If you find a problem, ebay/paypal will force the seller to refund your $$, or refund it themselves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back