My new lens Sigma 18-35mm 3.5-4.5

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought this lens and got it few days ago.
I was really on the fence if to get this lens or not, so very little info on this very old gal and there were only 2 users who comented on this lens.
One hated it and sold it right away and the second loved it.
which pretty much didnt help me at all.
Found one on ebay for 84$ and for this price I simply couldnt loose, in a worst case scenario I would write it off as a bad buy.
Got the lens and after taking pictures in low light and full sunny day, in doors and out doors I must admit I am so happy with it.
I am sure its performance is not as good as the comparable lenses made by Nikon but then I would have to pay so much more for a Nikon lens.
I am really happy with the lens and its performance when considering what I paid for it.

Is it better or at least comparable in IQ to the 18-105 kit lens? If not, why even take it for free for less range if you already have the kit lens. But 84 bucks is tempting for a new gadget that's for sure :)

Is it better or at least comparable in IQ to the 18-105 kit lens? If not, why even take it for free for less range if you already have the kit lens. But 84 bucks is tempting for a new gadget that's for sure :)
The 18-105mm is stored in its box and not used.
I use for most of my photography my 24-85mm VR and need something to close the gap.
The 18-105mm will be put for sale sooner or later, not in a big hurry, might even keep it so I can sell it with the F7K when I am ready to move to a Nikon FF which is my dream.

The 18-105mm is stored in its box and not used.
I use for most of my photography my 24-85mm VR and need something to close the gap.
The 18-105mm will be put for sale sooner or later, not in a big hurry, might even keep it so I can sell it with the F7K when I am ready to move to a Nikon FF which is my dream.

Nice, makes sense. Enjoy the new lens! Total steal at under $100 for sure.

Bought this lens and got it few days ago.
I was really on the fence if to get this lens or not, so very little info on this very old gal and there were only 2 users who comented on this lens.
One hated it and sold it right away and the second loved it.
which pretty much didnt help me at all.
Found one on ebay for 84$ and for this price I simply couldnt loose, in a worst case scenario I would write it off as a bad buy.
Got the lens and after taking pictures in low light and full sunny day, in doors and out doors I must admit I am so happy with it.
I am sure its performance is not as good as the comparable lenses made by Nikon but then I would have to pay so much more for a Nikon lens.
I am really happy with the lens and its performance when considering what I paid for it.

Is that an FX lens?

Yes it FX.
This is not the lens to buy if you are looking for sharpest lens available but it is a very affordable lens and for the money its a good lens.

Yes it FX.
This is not the lens to buy if you are looking for sharpest lens available but it is a very affordable lens and for the money its a good lens.

Cool, thanks for the responce. I bid on one earlier and I wasn't sure.
Just looking for an ultra-wide, but can't spend much right now or my wife would kill me. Can't have that. Ha!

Yes it FX.

Cool, thanks for the responce. I bid on one earlier and I wasn't sure.
Just looking for an ultra-wide, but can't spend much right now or my wife would kill me. Can't have that. Ha!
Agreed, death is so final :mrgreen:
Exact same issue with me, all my lenses are FX, got them so I will be ready for the big jump to FX when ever I will find the cash to do that.
My "go to" lens is my 24-85mm VR which sometime is too wide for me and so the Sigma fills that space quite nicely, as I said its not a professional grade lens but for my needs its good. Being short of cash I think its very good for its value.
I really dont use it a lot but when I do I am happy with the results.

Please let me know if you win this lens and aslo how happy you are with it.

I got outbid! Boo!
Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye open. I can't spend much because I recently sold my D300 and 17-55 to pay for my D700 and 28-70.
I also had to borrow on my upcoming birthday and Christmas money also. Ha!
I'm done spending for the year!!!

I got outbid! Boo!
Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye open. I can't spend much because I recently sold my D300 and 17-55 to pay for my D700 and 28-70.
I also had to borrow on my upcoming birthday and Christmas money also. Ha!
I'm done spending for the year!!!
This is not an uncommon lens, you will find another one to bid on soon enough.
When you get one please shoot me a PM, I would love to hear how you like it.

There are currently 6 of these lenses on ebay so go get yourself one :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back