Would you give up your camera for your safety?

I have an Olympus TG4 on a lanyard if I'm not being paid. That thing can do some serious damage to a face.
Simple rule to remember, Never bring a knife or a lanyard to a gun fight. :biggrin-new:

Safety in numbers if you go to unfamiliar or known areas with higher crime. I have a simple rule,dont put my self in that situation by staying clear from unfamiliar areas or areas I know there is a high probability of being a victim of a crime. I only go to areas I know well and though it is less likely to happen in the areas I go, it still could happen anywhere. Despite having the means to end a threat I will still try to avoid it at all cost by retreating to somewhere safe until its safe to move on. And to answer the question give up my gear nope,I am not giving up anything that belongs to me.

Last edited:
Most of the time when I am shooting I normally have a friend with me if going somewhere unfamiliar but for the times when I am shooting by myself I normally carry expandable baton just in case if someone wants to attack me but thankfully I never had to use it.

This is one of those situations that you really don't know what you would do. Can say what you would do, but once there in the situation it's a different game! Different decision process going on.

I was photographing at a public place. There was a man approached and yelled at me. He accused me that I took his pictures. I tried to tell him that I didn't. There were no pictures of him in my camera. Then he threatened me with his profanity,"Give me your camera!!! M**F**!!" He kept repeating himself over and over. He swing his fist at my face a couple of times. He missed as I moved back trying to defend myself and yelled at him, "Hey!" He rode his bicycle and left. I was so scared, and I contacted the police.

I suppose you have to be a tough guy to control a push bike.

I was photographing at a public place. There was a man approached and yelled at me. He accused me that I took his pictures. I tried to tell him that I didn't. There were no pictures of him in my camera. Then he threatened me with his profanity,"Give me your camera!!! M**F**!!" He kept repeating himself over and over. He swing his fist at my face a couple of times. He missed as I moved back trying to defend myself and yelled at him, "Hey!" He rode his bicycle and left. I was so scared, and I contacted the police.

I suppose you have to be a tough guy to control a push bike.

Huh?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back