Would you shoot a wedding with a cell phone?

(quote) "Snopes.com, which has been writing about viral claims and online rumors since the mid-1990s, maintains a list of known fake news websites, several of which have emerged in the past two years."

As we know, Snopes cannot be trusted.

The article did not mention these fake news sites: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NYTimes, LATimes, etc., so where are we going with this?
You left out the number one generator of fake news and bald face lies - The White House.

The Indian wedding, a three-day event, looked okay to me. Very theatrical images. The iPhone 6s Plus has plenty of megapixels and a good lens, ample DOF, and is what 18 years ago, would have been called a "High-resolutuion, digitial imaging system." And something that, had it been available back then, would have been priced at around $10,000 or so.

true...
I suppose its fine if you want your wedding to look like it was shot on an 18 year old digital camera instead of a modern DSLR.

I can relate...i take almost all my ferret pics with my phone.
I wouldn't do portraits for clients with it though.

My neighbor's ex's cousin's supervisor's golfing partner's best friend's great-great-great aunt said . . .

My neighbor's ex's cousin's supervisor's golfing partner's best friend's great-great-great aunt said . . .
Well my brothers, workmates, mother knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that dated your neighbor's ex's cousin's supervisor's golfing partner's best friend's great-great-great aunt.

No mother's aunts hairdressers involved. I have a close friend who is not a pro or a frequent enthusiast. He was going to the wedding of a friend who said "your Facebook photos always look so nice, would you take our wedding pics?" He has a Rebel, an older model with kit lens and basically uses it as a point and shoot. I asked if he wanted to borrow my 5100 and 50mm 1.8 but he said no thanks he was just going to use his iPhone. According to him they loved the pics.

When he got married last year he had an amateur friend with a camera take his wedding pics. I guess professional photos aren't important to everyone.

Now paying someone to shoot your wedding and they use a phone is completely insane. I think a few of the pics in that story were kind of cool but not "magical" by any stretch of the word.

I'm old enough to recall the many weddings in the late 1980's and early 1990's when guests were given disposable cameras, and asked to take candids of the wedding! There were a lot of good pics from those. At my friend Scott's wedding, his new bride asked her friends from Boeing to bring their 35mm cameras, and to shoot some of the behind the scenes and candid photos; in addition, they had hired a pretty capable local area pro who shot the wedding with medium format gear. The professional photos were pretty good, and formal, traditional. The many rolls of wedding candids the guests shot were varied in quality, but there were a couple of people who had really GOOD candids! As best man, I shot only three of the Kodak disposables and threw them into the disposable camera return box, at the end of the reception.
It was a great wedding, and the reception at a grand old Tacoma downtown hotel was fantastic.

Heck were talking about a wedding here. A cellphone is too good for shooting a wedding. Now THIS is a proper wedding camera.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pfffft this is nothing - I'm getting paid $10K to take my brothers wedding photos on nothing but three disposable film cameras! I'm also expecting my sister to let me shoot her wedding, but she wants digital so I'm going to use my 5 year old webcam for that - a bit more fiddly but should work great.

Oh Yeah!!!! Well I am getting payed 15,000£ to do two weddings at once using this camera.

Yes, i shoot wedding photography with my smartphone with some amazing photography application and capture all photos with it's original date and time, with own signature as well as current location of wedding.

Most reactions

Back