Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent most of yesterday shooting another Wounded Warrior fund-raising event; this time a charity colf tournament. Lots of fun and lots of money raised! As always comments/critique appreciated!

WW_Golf%20%281%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%282%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%283%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%284%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%285%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%287%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%288%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2812%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%289%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2810%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2811%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2813%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2814%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2815%29.JPG

WW_Golf%20%2818%29.JPG

Golf is really... boring. LOL I mean, there isn't a lot of action is there? But you got some nice shots covering the event and showing a little bit of everything, the venue and people participating, the speakers and the band, etc. I like the more human interest photos rather than the somebody whacking a ball and traipsing after it photos (but obviously it's just not my thing, now putt putt on the other hand...).

What's #8? At first I thought some water hit something but is it a sign or something? looks kind of like glass breaking.

Thanks Sharon, Golf is not my thing either, but it is challenging to shoot, that's for sure! As for #8, in addition to the regular game of golf, each hole had an additional challenge, such as the ring toss in #7. #8 was a 12x18 pane of glass in a wooden frame about six feet off the ground that you had to break by hitting with a golf ball.

Number four with the waterfall takes the cake here! What a beautiful golf corse! (or maybe its not, I have nothing to compare it to ;-) )

I also love the expression you caught in number 13!

Number four with the waterfall takes the cake here! What a beautiful golf corse! (or maybe its not, I have nothing to compare it to ;-) )

Thanks! Yes, it is a beautiful course; I wish I could have been there around 8-9.00 am to get the waterfall shots. Those were around 4.00pm and the light was NOT ideal, but... it works. Reasonably well.

Thanks! Yes, it is a beautiful course; I wish I could have been there around 8-9.00 am to get the waterfall shots. Those were around 4.00pm and the light was NOT ideal, but... it works. Reasonably well.
If only they let the photographers set the agenda! Then every scene would be a "kodak moment" ;-)

If only they let the photographers set the agenda! Then every scene would be a "kodak moment" ;-)
Exactly... we need to start a petition!

Exactly... we need to start a petition!
There's a website for that! I'm in!

That guy in #11 really got his ball into a bad spot didn't he? LOL

I also love the waterfall! :)

I like pics 1,2, and 4.

The angles you took of the golfers are all from a quartering rear angle, even on the putting green, making them seem a little awkward. Nobody can see their faces. A little less golf course and a lot more golfer would have made for more flattering shots.

Nice set.
Golf is certainly less entertaining to watch than play (I have tried) but you have to keep things in perspective: The Scots invented golf to try and keep the English at bay.

That guy in #11 really got his ball into a bad spot didn't he? LOL

I also love the waterfall! :)
A little bit! :lol:

Thanks!
I like pics 1,2, and 4.

The angles you took of the golfers are all from a quartering rear angle, even on the putting green, making them seem a little awkward. Nobody can see their faces. A little less golf course and a lot more golfer would have made for more flattering shots.
You're right - unfortunately as one photographer with 9 holes to cover (and a shotgun start to the tournament) and a goal of 'at least one shot of every player', some of them are definitely sub-standard.
Nice set.
Golf is certainly less entertaining to watch than play (I have tried) but you have to keep things in perspective: The Scots invented golf to try and keep the English at bay.
:lol: "A nice walk through the grass spoiled by a little white ball!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back