Wow im blind

JonathanElvester

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i totally missed this section, anyway I'm new to the DSLR world guys. I'm prepared for criticism and all the helpful advice these forums bring.

I'm working with a Canon Rebel T3i with the kit lens and a 55-250mm lens.

At the moment, after a month using this I'm still reading the handbook as I tend to forget the techniques whilst out and about.
I like the idea of macro photography A LOT :) I' am also interested in landscapes, anything abstract, and nightclub/bar photography ( soon ) hah.

Well i look forward to hearing from you guys! Please check out my FB page! Thanks.

So i totally missed this section, anyway I'm new to the DSLR world guys. I'm prepared for criticism and all the helpful advice these forums bring.

At the moment, after a month using this I'm still reading the handbook as I tend to forget the techniques whilst out and about.
I like the idea of macro photography A LOT :) I' am also interested in landscapes, anything abstract, and nightclub/bar photography ( soon ) hah.

Well i look forward to hearing from you guys! Please check out my FB page! Thanks.

So you are still reading how to use your camera and ALREADY have "photography" in your title?

So you are still reading how to use your camera and ALREADY have "photography" in your title?

Photography is photography. Good or bad.

And your problem is? That I'm doing as I please? It's a photo, i'm taking up photography, this isn't considered photography that I'm doing from your standards?

Keep this kind of scoffing mindset bull**** to yourself.

Pretty much.

JonathanElvester said:
And your problem is? That I'm doing as I please? It's a photo, i'm taking up photography, this isn't considered photography that I'm doing from your standards?

Keep this kind of scoffing mindset bull**** to yourself.

;)
For someone who wants CC you are very angry. Well here's my "problem" as you so call it. When I go out on a shoot, paid or favor, I don't just bring the toys but integrity and respect for the business. I've been shooting for the last 10yrs and been assisting since '95 and unlike you naming your self Photography I spend lime Learning the industry before calling my self a photographer.
You want to be respected for what you do, LEARN first and then assign a title.
When I became a Medic, regardless of the countless hours or studying and rotations AND passing exams I still didn't consider my self a medic until I ran a full trauma code, as a medic (not an emt anymore), both for respect of the industry and my self.
You want to be a photographer - learn the skill and title will come later!
Don't believe me? Some of the smartest people on this forum (since we are here) don't consider them selfs 'photographers' , yet will easily write a research-like paper on just CC of a snapshot.
You wouldn't call your self JonathanElvesterPlummingService bc you can change a faucet and you wouldn't call your self Medical Practice because you know hot to put on a bandaid. Why is photography any different?

lgsemt, So for right now is he supposed to make his business cards with "JonathanElvester-New-to-the-dslr-guys company"?

Then after a while he changes it to "JonathanElvester now-Im-getting-better-LLC"

Then eventually "JonathanElvester-Im-good-but-since-some-people-shooting-for-YEARS-still-dont-call-themself-a-photographer-I-will-stick-with-picture-taker"

Although tecnically that doesnt roll off the tongue or fit on a business card, Im sure you think that is a better company name.

He puts PHOTOGRAPHY because that is the industry NAME ya jackass. He keeps the business name the same for his career.

business? u mean business license, liability insurance and gear insurance, paying taxes (from photography)?

or you mean creating FB Page and being a business?

A Business is a Business. Good or bad.

business? u mean business license, liability insurance and gear insurance, paying taxes (from photography)?

or you mean creating FB Page and being a business?
I wish I could like this 1000x over!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back