Good morning.

wilper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm Wilhelm and I mostly take pictures of stuff when I walk the dog. I have a carabiner in my photo kit so that I can attach the leash to my belt when I want to stop to take a shot, it improved the quality immensely over trying to hold both dog and camera still at the same time. :)

Right now I'm shooting with a Nikon D90 with an eclectic assortment of lenses. I have the kit 18-105, 50mm f1.4G, Johnnyoptic 40mm f4 tilt-shift, 60yo Sankor 135mm f2.8 and a cheap Chinese 500mm f8 fixed aperture lens.

After listening to some podcast episodes about going analog and having some discussions on G+, I'm looking at getting an old camera, some cheap film and enough of a darkroom to do the development and scanning myself. On the off chance that anyone in Sweden is looking to offload such stuff, give me a shout.

Welcome to TPF! We have a very active analog forum so you're in good company. You might want to post your question about equipment over there.

Enjoy the forum!

If I attached my dog to me while I was shooting I would not have any belt loops intact, and all shots would be blurry!

Welcome to TPF! :thumbup:

At the heart of every digital camera, is a large group of analog light sensors. ;)

KmH: Yes, indeed! :)

The mechanical clang of the shutter when I picked up the DSLR for the first time struck a note somewhere inside me. I've looked at finding some sort of digital with more buttons, levers and wheels but that looks like an insanely expensive prospect (like a medium format with a digital back or something).

So I consider analog. The last few days I've been looking at Soviet era Leica, Contax and Hasselblad clones. Cameras made out of old tractor parts should be a good fit for me. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back