Wow...that sucks.

Darn that is a horrid thing to happen :(

On insurance check up your household insurance cover first - some (many) will cover things like photographic equipment when off the premsis.

https://www.usaa.com
Valuable Personal Property Insurance (Anything over $100).

USAA is only available to Active or retired veterans of the military and their families.

Oh and, sucks about the lens dude.

I was going to order my D3000 this week, but someone from Studio City, CA decided to take 500 dollars from my bank account. THEN, account gets shut down, so I cant deposit anything (roughly 4k in checks/cash just sitting here waiting for my account to open up again....)

Guess we are both having a crappy week! Oh, and, just dropped my cell phone in the sink while doing dishes...still works but the speakers are all messed up...

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and advice everyone, it really helps to ease the frustration. I am definitely going to look into insurance now so the rest of my equipment is protected. Next time I hope to have a lens hood...and to land on my butt. :lol:

for a $300 lens i wouldn't even involve insurance, for a $1300, yes lol

USAA is only available to Active or retired veterans of the military and their families.

I was going to order my D3000 this week, but someone from Studio City, CA decided to take 500 dollars from my bank account. THEN, account gets shut down, so I cant deposit anything (roughly 4k in checks/cash just sitting here waiting for my account to open up again....)

Guess we are both having a crappy week! Oh, and, just dropped my cell phone in the sink while doing dishes...still works but the speakers are all messed up...

USAA is open to everyone, it's their insurance that might be open to military related folk only. I'm not sure on property, but I know automobile for sure.
My mother in law was at my house and I wanted to set her up, so I had her create an account online and it didn't ask for any verification until the insurance portion.

USAA is open to everyone, it's their insurance that might be open to military related folk only. I'm not sure on property, but I know automobile for sure.
My mother in law was at my house and I wanted to set her up, so I had her create an account online and it didn't ask for any verification until the insurance portion.

Hm...my bad!

I know it was created by Navy vets, originally it was for Naval officers only, but now its open to all military. We have auto insurance from them, as well as renters, homeowners, etc. Their auto is fantastic, so I can only assume the other 2 are as well.

Coincidentally, I am able to have insurance through them because of my wife's father being in the military his whole life. I suppose that between the camera and my 85mm lens that is about a grand. I should probably insure what is left.

Yeah, if you can get in with them, DO IT.
The insurance has ZERO deductible and covers theft, damage of any kind, and loss. It's probably around $25 a year for my $2K coverage.
You'll feel better about taking your gear around that way, and not have to stress when stuff goes wrong.

Awww,man, that is rotten,rotten luck! Just a total bummer. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You seem like such a nice person too. Why do bad things happen to nice people??

^thank you^

Here is one of the few shots I got out of it before the incident. I was impressed with this lens. It sucks that I only got to spend about 3 hours with it. :lol:

byebye35mm.jpg

byebye35mm2.jpg

Most reactions

Back