Wow...

Thanks for the laughs and comments everyone :)

I guess I need to get an updated "Animals of North America" field guide, he, he...

SOOC resized to 1000 wide

Fullframeresize_zpsc9500579.jpg

Crop area screen capture

Cropcomposition_zpsf501a70f.jpg

Full size crop

Fullcrop_zps13183cc9.jpg

Cheers, Don

amazing what 36mp can do for cropping and nice and sharp for your first test.

:thumbup:

I have yet to really test my 24mp d600 FX compared to my trusty 16mp d7000 DX.

Good Lord, Robbins--how can it be a white footed variant---dude--it's got black feet!!!!!!!!
They're only white when they are warm...looks like a bad case of frostbite to me.
BTW, have you ever seen a "bald" Eagle? I haven't...

Nice pic for such a hard crop...

Nice job Don :thumbup:

Gosh Don, these guys from south of 49, you'd think they had never seen a Canadian Eagle before, particularly the kind that shrink from the cold in our prairie winter in order to stay warm! :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Western Guy - I was born in Alberta, but grew up right east of you in Sask. and live in So Cali now…….everything shrinks in the winter in Canada lol

Gosh Don, these guys from south of 49, you'd think they had never seen a Canadian Eagle before, particularly the kind that shrink from the cold in our prairie winter in order to stay warm! :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Western Guy - I was born in Alberta, but grew up right east of you in Sask. and live in So Cali now…….everything shrinks in the winter in Canada lol

Well...not everything. It seems the amount of snow expands beyond the city's ability to clear it from the streets...as well, the number of %^&*(*()) who still don't know how to drive when the street turns white also seems to increase, if you know what I mean.

WesternGuy

It's OBVIOUSLY a banana.

Had a few minutes this afternoon to kinda repeat the shot with the D7100 and the 80-400mm @ 400mm, in a hurry to get the shot and didn't notice the iso was @ 1250.

All quick edits, full frame resized to 1000 wide.

Fullsizeweb_zps32bc7b77.jpg

My normal crop resized to 1000 wide.

Normalcropweb_zps20695757.jpg

The area of a full size crop vs full frame.

Cropcomparison_zps06e342a1.jpg

And the full size crop.

Fullcrop_zps2795704b.jpg

Hmmmm :)

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

Back