Writing...

amkphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am the official photographer of a car club, at the Memorial Day show I was taking all kinds of photos, my style is kind of documentary, and someone was registering their car so I photographed her hands writing. Constructive criticism welcome!

memorial050.jpg

- Andrea

The immediate problem that jumps out at me is focus. IMO, this is one that should be tack sharp on (at least) the writing hand. Possibly a slightly tighter crop also.

I am working (slowly) on a series of 'hand' photos so I can empathise the difficulty in getting the shot just right.

I also added an effect to this in Photoshop, it's kind of got a guassian blur. But I know what you mean now about the tighter crop, as the focus is mostly on the paper. I thought it was okay at first, but seeing you point it out, makes me rethink this. I really like taking pictures of hands, it's interesting. I am going to possibly re-try this, though probably won't be the same hands.

I agree about the soft focus - I would aim for the tip of the index finger on this, and would sharpen if anything rather than blur my result. Another option may be to focus on a specific point on the paper, but I think that might be less interesting.

I wonder if a little sharpening could help. Would you like to show us?

Next time maybe better off use a shallower aperture to avoid any misfocus. The blury pictures are not curable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back