Looking to pay around $400 for a canon xs body... If anyone has one, let me know I am looking to get it within the next month, waiting for tax money to come in... We all know how that goes!
I work in the cell phone industry and "refurb" in the cell phone industry is NOT good (80% of the time) so my "being spoiled" has me a little bit concerned about anything that says it is refurbished...
I understand (thanks to work) that it means that at some point, something was wrong with it, it was sent back to manufacturer, repaired by hand, inspected by hand, and is now being resold... However, I have seen many refurbed phones go out of my store and come back within a week because of some kind of problem... Grr lol I'm ruined by cell phones!
ETA: However, seeing those prices, if I do decide to give refurbed cameras a shot, I will probably end up going with the xsi since it is only $30 more... I'm actually considering paying some on my credit card and then just charging the camera so I can pay it off.. Then it will kind of be like I am only paying about $150 for the camera... I make $50 payments on the credit card every month and I wouldn't need to change that so it wouldn't really affect my budget or anything at all... *thinking.......*
No problem. Sometimes refurb is a great way to go. Someone is actually inspecting each refurb and testing to make sure it works while when you buy something brand new it was all done by machine and then put into a box and sent to a store so there is a chance you could end up receiving a dud copy while refurb that camera will work for you.
Enjoy you're new camera and take lots of shots!
TJ
What did you buy?
Brand NEW Rebel XS body for under $400...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-10-1-Megapixel-Digital-Camera/dp/B001KAK1LW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266620250&sr=1-8]Amazon.com: Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only): Electronics[/ame]
I ended up getting the xsi from adorama refurbed for $430. I'm okay with spending a little more to get the body I originally wanted anyway I was settling for the XS, but REALLY wanted the XSi, when I saw that it was only a little price difference on adorama, I went for it
yeah, my mom has the XS, and I was settling on that because of price, but like I said, then I saw the $30 price difference just to get the XSi so I jumped and went for it!
I'm sure I'll be happy with it
I already have my first "test subject" for portraits. An employee of mine has a 6 month old and a 2 1/2 year old that he is going to let me "practice" on