What's new

WTB: Decent Beginner Kit

Sinodyn

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to get into photography to follow after my father. I've always really enjoyed taking pictures and capturing scenes and nature and stuff like that. But my camera on my Galaxy S3 isn't cutting it anymore so I decided to get something a bit better. My dad pointed me in the direction of a Nikon D40, or D60 used. I'm looking to spend less than $200 on the body but I've seen some D40's around with the 18-55mm lens that it came with in the kit for around $150-$175. I just need a camera for general use. I don't really have any specifics as to what I want to do with it but I'd like something that does well in low light because my house and my yard have poor natural lighting due to lots of trees. I enjoy taking pictures of things like Military Re-Enactment and firearms, as well as macro photography. I understand lenses are key so I'm wondering what you guys have that would make a good body for what I want to do. I'm looking to spend around $150 or less for a body or up to about $250 to something with a lens or two. I'd mainly like a Nikon due to lens compatibility with my family. Thanks!
 
Check out the used section of B&H camera. A Used D50 goes for well under $200... with a lens you're talking $200.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom