What's new

WTB Entry level canon SLR body.

flyin-lowe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
287
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Canon XS called it quits on my. I have upgraded to a 60D however I am looking for a lower priced body to let my wife beat and bang with. I don't really want her lugging around my 60D to the pool, amusement parks, beach etc. I would be interested in a used XS, XSI, or something like that. Something basic. Would really like to find something $200.00 or less since I just dropped some coin on the new 60D.
 
My Canon XS called it quits on my. I have upgraded to a 60D however I am looking for a lower priced body to let my wife beat and bang with. I don't really want her lugging around my 60D to the pool, amusement parks, beach etc. I would be interested in a used XS, XSI, or something like that. Something basic. Would really like to find something $200.00 or less since I just dropped some coin on the new 60D.

Have you considered maybe just getting her a bridge camera? You can probably pick up something used in pretty decent shape in that price range, and unless she's really using the features of the DSLR she might actually prefer it. Smaller, light weight, easier to carry around, no lenses to worry about, etc - Just a thought.
 
I bought her a new Canon P&S last year and now that she has used my SLR she thinks she has to use it all the time. Probably taken less then 20 pics with the P&S. She does not know how to use any of the features on the SLR but that is just how she is. I am sure I am not the only married guy on this forum am I???? LOL
 
I bought her a new Canon P&S last year and now that she has used my SLR she thinks she has to use it all the time. Probably taken less then 20 pics with the P&S. She does not know how to use any of the features on the SLR but that is just how she is. I am sure I am not the only married guy on this forum am I???? LOL

Ok, well it's the wife so it doesn't have to make any logic sense, no problem. Lol.. If it were me I'd probably check ebay for maybe a rebel xs (1000d) or maybe an XTI (400d) - I've seen them both go used for about that price range, a lot of times with a lens.

But you know another thought occurs, if it were me I'd look at maybe getting her a Nikon D70. Might be a big advantage to make sure her camera is not compatible with your lenses. Just a thought.
 
I'm selling a Canon T3 with grip, 15k clicks, warranty, two batteries and charger. $250 net to me, Fedex ground shipped.
 
Thanks for the offer but I can get a brand new T3 for $280 from amazon. I know the grip/batteries add some value to the deal but I liked to stay under $200, closer to $150 if possible.
 
Canon only has a 90 day warranty on the T3. This has an additional two years from the end of mine (leaving about 15 from this point). You'd have to purchase an additional warranty from Amazon. Just let me know if you change your mind
 
I stopped in my local camera shot today and ended up purchasing a 30D that they had. It showed some wear but overall is in good shape. $120.00 out the door. If she can get a year or two out of it then she will save me that much in damage to my 60D!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom