What's new

WTB Extra Battery for Nikon D7000

Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
10,726
Reaction score
5,468
Location
The Beautiful Hills of East Tennessee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anxiously awaiting the arriving of my "new to me" D7000-- :D

Before I spring for an extra battery online somewhere else, I thought I'd ask if anyone is interested in selling a spare EN-EL15 battery for a decent price.

I'd be interested in one or possibly two, extra batteries, depending on the price.

PM me or post price and details here. Thanks!
 
I don't have a spare to sell, however I can tell you from experience that you can get right at 1,000 shots from a single battery. That will give you an idea of whether you need a spare or not.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
I don't have a spare to sell, however I can tell you from experience that you can get right at 1,000 shots from a single battery. That will give you an idea of whether you need a spare or not.

Thanks, that's probably about the same as I get with my D5100 and I use my spare battery quite a bit, so I'm just figuring I'll want to have one. If nothing else, I like knowing I've got one charged in case I forget how low the one in the camera has gotten.
 
That's one of the reasons I love having a grip on my cameras with a second battery in them. I've never come close to running them both down, and I've shot a lot in one day a few times.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
That's one of the reasons I love having a grip on my cameras with a second battery in them. I've never come close to running them both down, and I've shot a lot in one day a few times.

Yeah, I never got a grip for my D5100, but I'm seriously considering buying one for the D7000. I'll probably have to wait on that until after the first of the year. I've already spent too much money on myself by "gifting" myself with this D7000 in the first place--I still have to finish Christmas shopping for my boys, too!

However, if there's anyone out there with a grip for the D7000 and you just want to make me a deal I can't pass up, I'm open to hearing about it! :D
 
I've had good luck buying clone batteries on eBay, for about 10% the cost of a Canon battery.
 
Yeah, I've had great luck with the meike grip and wasabi batteries. Batteries are the one thing I always prefer to buy new, as you never know how much juice is left when you buy used.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
I've had good luck buying clone batteries on eBay, for about 10% the cost of a Canon battery.

Yeah, I've had great luck with the meike grip and wasabi batteries. Batteries are the one thing I always prefer to buy new, as you never know how much juice is left when you buy used.


Okay, that's good to know, thanks! I'd wondered about the off-brand batteries. This thread was really just in case someone here that I know and trust had one they wanted to sell at a good price--kinda the "you have not because you ask not" philosophy. If I don't have any takers (or sellers, actually), I think I'll try the wasabi batteries.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom