I was reading up on the reviews (from the site you gave me) and a lot of people liked the quality of the xi and the results...however, there seem to be a lot of complaints because it was very hard to manual focus this lens when needed. So even tho it was a better lens, they were complaining about that part. I'm thinking I might want one that I can manual focus instead??
Does anyone have any experience on this xi lens and would you recommend it over the manual focus ones?
Also, can you explain the difference of what the APO and non-G etc. mean? I'm new to this and didn't realize there were so many different styles in just one lens.
I first thought about the 75-300mm or the 70-300mm and I thought I read that they were not as good (the reviews)...especially anything after around 200-250mm. I realize that there is going to be some softening toward the 300mm range because it's the cheaper lens. But the reviews I was reading said the 100-300 had more clearer range for farther...if that makes sense.