WTB: ND filters (all strengths) GND filters (all strengths) CPL filter. Extention...

Life

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.holthausphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I've been trying really hard for weeks and weeks now to get ND filters, GND filters, CPL filters, AF extension tubes, Flash gun, Macro ring flash gun... But they are all so darn expensive. I've looked on keh,Amazon,Newegg,and B&H and find not much that is very affordable. so I come here hopeful that someone might offer a decent deal :) the Nd and GND filters need to fit on a 52mm lens. CPl 52mm and 58mm are needed. The extenstion tubes would be best to have with autofocus abilities, for the nikon d3100, but manual is also fine. And I need a flash gun. I do not have one, and it's getting rather important. Also a macro flash ring. :) Thanks in advance guys!

You might want to say how much you want to spend ... as expensive can be really expensive likst $500 for a ND filter ... so $150 would be cheap .. or maybe $10 is cheap ??

also. you can get step up rings for a lens. For instance if you have a 72mm lens you can use 77mm filters with a step up ring from 72 to 77. This lets you use one size for multiple size lenses versus replicating filters for multiple lenses. Makes shopping a bit easier too.

you could also pick up a Yongnuo flash for cheap normally on places like eBay. There's other alternatives.

I use Singhray for my ND's there are well worth the extra $$$.

Remember a nothing beats a good filter.

You may have a ten thousand dollar lens but if you put a cheap filter on it, it ant worth a penny nor does it perform well.

<<< WARNING STAY AWAY FROM INEXPENSIVE FILTERS >>>

I use Singhray for my ND's there are well worth the extra $$$.

Remember a nothing beats a good filter.

You may have a ten thousand dollar lens but if you put a cheap filter on it, it ant worth a penny nor does it perform well.

<<< WARNING STAY AWAY FROM INEXPENSIVE FILTERS >>>
@ Astro. Tiffen offers a 0.9 ND filter with a almost 5 start rating for $12.89. Guys, I am aware that you cannot buy cheapest of the cheapest. It doesn't work. But I am extremely limited on $$, so when I get equipment, I gotta spend as little possible while still getting quality. Thus why I came to this thread in case there is a fellow photographer with equipment that he/she may not use anymore and willing to sell it for cheap. I'll look into a step up/down ring, thought i'm not sure for how long I will have my 58mm lens so i'll wait on that. I've been looking at a yongnuo flash, but for a decent one that would suit my needs it's still $75 and that's just too high. There are 2 neewers that cost between $35 and $55. While they have great reviews and seem like they would function great, and you can't ask for a much cheaper flash, it's still hard for me to dish out the money that I don't really have.. And I will buy from anywhere BUT ebay, they stole a couple hundred $$ from me, so they have lost all business from me. And sometimes there are people on forums like this who just have moved on to different / better/ newer equipment and then they don't need the old stuff and they sell it for cheap ^^

@Cap. When i'm a professional photographer and make a few hundred $$ I will definitely buy better equipment ^^

If you think a $25 filter is going to perform as good as a $250 filter, you're in for a rude awaking.

And truth be told, if it actually DID, then there would be no need for the $250 filter so it would never sell and eventually disappear from the market.

You are NOT going to spend $15,000 on a Kia and get the performance of a Ferrari.

There is no such thing as 'the same performance, but 90% less money'. Period.

I mention the step up rings because if you can get a hold of a set of filters for a larger lens size then the step up rings can save you money if you have various sized lenses.
so rather than search for various sizes for all your lenses, you get one "larger" size filters .. and then the cheap stepup rings for the various size lenses.

And I mentioned how much you want to spend ... becz .. as an example I have some Nikon brand ND filters which I might sell .. but not for ultracheap. They are cheaper than my B+Ws though but nowhere near $12.89 cheap.

Sellers will have a better idea if they can approach you if you list an amount you are looking to spend rather than an "inexpensive" statement.

just trying to help.

If you think a $25 filter is going to perform as good as a $250 filter, you're in for a rude awaking.

And truth be told, if it actually DID, then there would be no need for the $250 filter so it would never sell and eventually disappear from the market.

You are NOT going to spend $15,000 on a Kia and get the performance of a Ferrari.

There is no such thing as 'the same performance, but 90% less money'. Period.
I gotta say, What the F*CK did I just read. Bro please read my posts before you spew out something like that. I QUOTE myself "Guys, I am aware that you cannot buy cheapest of the cheapest. It doesn't work. But I am extremely limited on $$, so when I get equipment, I gotta spend as little possible while still getting quality." Did I say it will be as good quality, or very good? NO I DIDN'T tyvm. I only said quality, because you CAN get semi decent quality for cheap sometimes.
I mention the step up rings because if you can get a hold of a set of filters for a larger lens size then the step up rings can save you money if you have various sized lenses.
so rather than search for various sizes for all your lenses, you get one "larger" size filters .. and then the cheap stepup rings for the various size lenses.

And I mentioned how much you want to spend ... becz .. as an example I have some Nikon brand ND filters which I might sell .. but not for ultracheap. They are cheaper than my B+Ws though but nowhere near $12.89 cheap.

Sellers will have a better idea if they can approach you if you list an amount you are looking to spend rather than an "inexpensive" statement.

just trying to help.
I appreciate the trying to help, I really do :) Now when i'm talking about about $12.98, that's just about the tiffen. I have no idea what a good Nikon filter goes for, but if you are interested you can make me an offer. See the reason it's hard to put a price on anything, is because various brands are various quality making various price. Obviously, for a Tiffen I wouldn't pay more than $12. But be there a better brand, I will go up in price, question is, I don't know how much until it's there. TBH at this very moment I don't think I can spend more than $30 for any single filter.

I gotta say, What the F*CK did I just read. Bro please read my posts before you spew out something like that..........

You........ have issues.

If you want help, you need to calm down.

@ any mod/admin. Is there any way to block certain people from posting in your threads?

@ astroNikon. Fyi I am more than willing to take aany advice you might have regarding filters. Like in my situation, I need filters. So should I instead of buying a bunch of semi cheap ones, or should I only buy what I need most for now and then wait a while to buy the better ones in a while later. Things like that. Thanks.

Hey guys. I've been trying really hard for weeks and weeks now to get ND filters, GND filters, CPL filters, AF extension tubes, Flash gun, Macro ring flash gun... But they are all so darn expensive. I've looked on keh,Amazon,Newegg,and B&H and find not much that is very affordable. so I come here hopeful that someone might offer a decent deal :) the Nd and GND filters need to fit on a 52mm lens. CPl 52mm and 58mm are needed. The extenstion tubes would be best to have with autofocus abilities, for the nikon d3100, but manual is also fine. And I need a flash gun. I do not have one, and it's getting rather important. Also a macro flash ring. :) Thanks in advance guys!

Not a lot of photography equipment is affordable. It's a hobby for most. If it is for you too, don't forget that. Don't buy more than you need, You will go broke.
Buy the $12 Tiffen. (I have a 52mm and 77mm Tiffen). You'll most likely never know the difference.

Last edited:
@ any mod/admin. Is there any way to block certain people from posting in your threads?

You don't want that man. Ive learned a lot from that guy. You came to this thread for help, and he gave you honest advise. Maybe it wasn't the advise you were hoping for, but inflection can easily be misunderstood through texting.

You don't want that man. Ive learned a lot from that guy. You came to this thread for help, and he gave you honest advise. Maybe it wasn't the advise you were hoping for, but inflection can easily be misunderstood through texting.
Dude he came here, wrote something that made 0 sense because I never even said what he said I said, how's that help? Also, then he goes on to insult me on a post that he wrote which was his own fault. Photography to me is not a hobby, it is and will be a profession. I understand I need to watch what I buy, true that ;). I already have many framed pictures and cards that are about to be distributed to local stores, and i'm really hopeful that will bring me money. And I also have some people who would like me to professionally take their family photos and portraits, I just have to work up a lot of confidence before I accept the jobs xD. So just so everyone knows, I do take photography very seriously. If it were only a hobby I wouldn't be so super interested :) Thanks for posting kindly :) Btw as I said, I hadn't gotten any advice, I was just told something that had 0 reliance and on top of that was insulted by his next post. I did purchase a 3 ND filter set this afternoon, I hope it will be of good quality..

.......Photography to me is not a hobby, it is and will be a profession...........

You've got a lot to learn then. And not just about photography.

Seriously.

You have a very bad attitude. Very bad. I just hope it doesn't affect your business venture.

I'm not insulting you. Just pointing out the glaringly obvious. If all you're gonna do is ***** & moan, then I'm done.

.......Photography to me is not a hobby, it is and will be a profession...........

You've got a lot to learn then. And not just about photography.

Seriously.

You have a very bad attitude. Very bad. I just hope it doesn't affect your business venture.

I'm not insulting you. Just pointing out the glaringly obvious. If all you're gonna do is ***** & moan, then I'm done.
Now you push it. First post I see of you here, is saying something that I JUST said is NOT the case. Then I point that out because it's very annoying when people don't read. Then you insult me. Then I point that out. Then you go on insulting me a lot more and say your not doing it? And you say I have a bad attitude? I ONLY "***** and Moan to *******s who think their god and point out the obvious. Gtfo of this thread capt obvious. And take the bad attitude with you. I ask for help, not being told something that's more obvious that the sky is blue. astronikon and cap are the only ones in this thread who have been of very nice and appreciated help. And if you post here then you are a liar because you said your done. So BYEBYE

Wow, pretty harsh words to throw at someone whom you've asked to consider giving you a free lens...... Just sayin'......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back