wtf - lightroom issues

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this happened to me a few weeks ago, I fixed it and now it is happening again :grumpy: ..I go to open lightroom and get this message "lightroom encountered a problem while reading preview cache and needs to quit". Supposedly it is supposed to 'fix' itself when I restart the program, but it doesn't. I know how to fix it, but it is huge pain in the a** and I have no idea WHY this is happening again! This is a pretty new (4 months) computer :/ :/ Any ideas?

What version of Lightroom?

Are the cache preview files in the same location as your catalog(s)?

How large is your camera raw cache size?

LR 4

I have both a "LR catalog" and a "LR previews" folder. is that what you are asking?

the cache preview folder is 3.47 gb

LR 4

I have both a "LR catalog" and a "LR previews" folder. is that what you are asking?

the cache preview folder is 3.47 gb

Yes. I hate throwing the old link at you, but it is the best I can do.

Optimize performance

They are suggesting keeping the previews and catalogs together for performance. (I keep a backup of my catalogs on a separate drive)
Check out the information about increasing the camera raw cache size.

thank you! I actually just figured out an action plan. Last time this happened I renamed my cache folder to see if that would work (and it did). The next step was to rebuild the folder which I didn't have to do. I forgot about the rebuilding, so I am going to try that now. Hope it works!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back