WTH Egyptian Geese in CT?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw three waterfowl flying around in one of my Osprey spots and couldn't figure out what they were. Went out through the muck and photographed them. I had no idea what they were so I posted a pic in the bird ID group on flickr.. Strange there are no reports of them in CT on ebird. Beautiful bird.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking..

Egyptian Goose in CT! 1 6_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egyptian Goose in CT! 3 6_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egyptian Goose in CT! 5 6_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egyptian Goose in CT! 2 6_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Egyptian Goose in CT! 4 6_12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Love them. We have plenty out this way. Some of the most photogenic wings in flight. #3 :)

Great find. Great shots. The only place I ever saw these was in Kenya.

We've been sending our geese down there for years, I guess Egypt figured they might as well jump on the band-wagon.

Neat bird.

What a beauty and great shots. Besides birds can someone start sending Wolfs and Kodiak bears this way.

Maybe he got lost heading for Ellis Island :biglaugh:

We've been sending our geese down there for years, I guess Egypt figured they might as well jump on the band-wagon.

Neat bird.

Reminds me of an "old timer" around here who would correct people when they would call them "Canadian" Geese. He would say it's Canada Geese, even if plural. I always thought they could be FROM Canada.

duck of a different color

Good find.

I'll take your geese, but can we send Bieber back, now?

Most reactions

Back